What's new

SEPTEMBER 2017 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a bottle of Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel and a Nibbling tool from Amazon. I will fool around with the nibbler to see if I can modify a GEM blade to work in the OneBlade v2.0 just for the fun of it.
Steve

IMG_7195.jpg
IMG_7193.jpg

Pretty active September

Hardware
PAA Bakelite, Alpha Ecliptic Slant (couldn't delay after reading @ronwestons review).

Shaving Soap
From L & L Grooming, Catalan's Prairie, Bandwagon, and Trismegistus.

Aftershave
Bottle of L&L Bandwagon
That's a nice haul! Hope you like the PAA AE Slant.

Received a bottle of Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel and a Nibbling tool from Amazon. I will fool around with the nibbler to see if I can modify a GEM blade to work in the OneBlade v2.0 just for the fun of it.
Steve

View attachment 825033 View attachment 825035

Fine additions, Steve. One of my favorite witch hazels, just after the Humphreys Lilac. I like the older Thayers Lemon bottle better than the newer. When I buy a new bottle I'll just transfer it to the old one! And that tool ... what fun!

IMG_1092.JPG IMG_1096.JPG I had the good fortune to I find a Shavemac custom 28mm D01 flat top that still had badger aroma and Polidor 7/8 on an auction site. Both for under $150! Shaved with the pair Tuesday. Polidor needs a small amount of TLC but smooth shave. The Shavemac is a beast. There's enough hair for three bushes. I've used boars that have less backbone. Tips still need to be broken in. I'm hoping after 10-15 shaves it could find its way to the number one on my rotation.

My last score for September: I tried to grab some SV 70th soap from a fine B&B member but I was too late. He offered me a great deal on some SV Tundra soap and AS that he hadn't even listed for sale. The soap may have been used once. It is basically brand new, and I can still see the imprint. The AS looks pretty full, too. I had never used Tundra or any SV aftershave so thanks @Piker . There are some really good guys on here.
DSCN1569[1].JPG

All three of these beauties showed up today. The one on the far right is my custom build from Wolf Whiskers and I supplied the knot. I bought the knot from Nick Zhang (Maseto). It measures 30.5 mm at the plug! Monster of a brush. The PantaRei was created for me from a photo that I took from the hospital balcony where my youngest son was born; just a beautiful and well done job.
View attachment 822435 View attachment 822436
Very cool brushes now, and as heirlooms for your kids.

My first over $15 brush arrived early; it was scheduled for Monday. Providencially, I haven't shaved yet due to having to volunteer early at church this morning. I'm not sure who laughed more at my response, my wife or the postman. When I met him at the door, he handed me a pile of flyers and crap, and then as I turned he says "wait a minute" and pulls the box from his bag. I all but high fived him. I love small victories.
20170930_151847.jpg

My first over $15 brush arrived early; it was scheduled for Monday. Providencially, I haven't shaved yet due to having to volunteer early at church this morning. I'm not sure who laughed more at my response, my wife or the postman. When I met him at the door, he handed me a pile of flyers and crap, and then as I turned he says "wait a minute" and pulls the box from his bag. I all but high fived him. I love small victories.View attachment 825227
Nice one. SR is one of the few I've never tried.

My first over $15 brush arrived early; it was scheduled for Monday. Providencially, I haven't shaved yet due to having to volunteer early at church this morning. I'm not sure who laughed more at my response, my wife or the postman. When I met him at the door, he handed me a pile of flyers and crap, and then as I turned he says "wait a minute" and pulls the box from his bag. I all but high fived him. I love small victories.View attachment 825227
Congrats! Pretty little brush.

Fine additions, Steve. One of my favorite witch hazels, just after the Humphreys Lilac. I like the older Thayers Lemon bottle better than the newer. When I buy a new bottle I'll just transfer it to the old one! And that tool ... what fun!

I have to try Humphreys. I love Lilac's as well. If it is half as good as the label the artwork, it would be worth every penny!

View attachment 825066 View attachment 825067 I had the good fortune to I find a Shavemac custom 28mm D01 flat top that still had badger aroma and Polidor 7/8 on an auction site. Both for under $150! Shaved with the pair Tuesday. Polidor needs a small amount of TLC but smooth shave. The Shavemac is a beast. There's enough hair for three bushes. I've used boars that have less backbone. Tips still need to be broken in. I'm hoping after 10-15 shaves it could find its way to the number one on my rotation.
Congratulation on the Shavemac and the razor.

My last score for September: I tried to grab some SV 70th soap from a fine B&B member but I was too late. He offered me a great deal on some SV Tundra soap and AS that he hadn't even listed for sale. The soap may have been used once. It is basically brand new, and I can still see the imprint. The AS looks pretty full, too. I had never used Tundra or any SV aftershave so thanks @Piker . There are some really good guys on here. View attachment 825177
Congrats. I've never used Tundra either but all the SVs I tried, both soap and AS, have been excellent performers.

Excellent! Mighty shapely brush. I have a Savile Row 3124 silvertip that I love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom