What's new

sensor excel

how can i shave against the grain after showering with a gillette sensor excel but without irritating my skin???????!!!!! when i always do i get irritation like hell!!!!! can someone give me pointers on how to do this without skin irritation?????????? rsvp. thank you.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Assuming you have beard mapped, so you know which way is WTG -vs- ATG, are you taking a first pass WTG or going straight for the ATG pass? (I recommend WTG first)
How many shaves on the cart? I can only go about a week to 10 days on an excel cart.

And finally, not everyone can shave ATG. You could be one of those folks who have to "settle" for an WTG or WTG+XTG shave.

The key for me is to get a close and comfortable shave. My whiskers grow back fairly quickly, so there is little point in chasing a BBS.

how can i shave against the grain after showering with a gillette sensor excel but without irritating my skin???????!!!!! when i always do i get irritation like hell!!!!! can someone give me pointers on how to do this without skin irritation?????????? rsvp. thank you.

Many people will let you try and give you solutions but in my opinion it will not help ...
Gillette Sense Axcel for my personal opinion is not suitable for thick beard, and not suitable for sensitive skin and i always received from him irritation and cuts.
I strongly recommend you try the Gillette Fusion Proglide and then go against the direction of growth, it's so simple and so easy that there is no resistance and irritation.
If the price is a big factor for you then try the MACH 3.
Mach 3 is much better than Gillette sensor excel.
but still for the best closest shave, and the most least irritation in the skin, Fusion Proglide is win.

I can only shave ATG on my cheeks with a cart. I can shave ATG on my neck with an injector if my skin isn't taut.

First and foremost what are you doing for beard prep? Do you shower and then shave? Do you splash warm water on your face for about 30 seconds or longer? Or do you just say, "Hey, I'm just gonna slap on my goo and shave with my razor today," and then do that?

What's your shaving soap? Is it canned foam or is it an actual wet shaving kit?

Finally, are you using ACTUAL Gillette-branded Sensor Excel carts or knockoffs? Those make a HUGE difference, for real. I used Dorco-rebranded-mess carts and paid quite dearly for using them. Gillette carts are usually top tier and should not do what you're expressing unless you did something majorly wrong as they make sure those carts perform so that a chimpanzee could shave himself. They spend enormous dollars in ridiculous research trying to 'perfect the shave.'

You gotta provide more details than what you gave if you want help. Don't worry, we won't judge, or at least I won't.

I don't shave ATG generally, how many passes do you do? I go with, then go across. After that my face feels smooth enough not to risk any in gown hairs or irritation etc..

Look into the two blade sensitive razors by BIC, for a disposable they're actually very good;

BiC Disposable Razors Comfort 2 Twin Blade Ladies Women Mens Razor Pack | eBay

Try some plain aloe vera gel as an aftershave, really helps me if i have a bad shave;

Aloe Pura - Organic Aloe Vera Gel - 200ml | eBay

Cheap too, that and some balm after it soaks in.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I never try for BBS anymore with any razor. Just too much irritation and weepers. A DFS or just a Good Shave does me now. I can shave AGT but I do have to be mind full as I do have sensitive skin. I also still use a shaving soap when I use a cart as I think that it is just that little bit better. I do still like the Nivea range of canned products as I feel that it helped me with my shaving over the years.

if you get your beard hydrated, shower or hot wet cloth on skin for at least a minute, use a good soap or creme with a brush, and after doing a three pass, WTG, XTG, than ATG with no pressure of razor on skin, and still get irritation, than ATG shaving is not for your skin/beard combination.

Go for a consistent DFS look as opposed to an occasional BBS look.
It'll look better.
I don't know a single man that can maintain a BBS all the time by shaving every day. You'll be inflamed!
Try to just do 1 pass WTG and then 1 pass XTG in some areas.
Do this every single day and you'll notice you look clean and consistent.

Top Bottom