What's new

Sensor compatible carts?

Does anyone still make sensor compatible carts I remember years ago I saw personna made triflex I them never picked up in the store wanted to maybe test out my 90s sensor I had as a kid I started on

Check Amazon and EBay, last time I looked both had non-Gillette Sensor compatible carts, there are posts around the forum with positive comments about various non-Gillette carts

It depends where you are, the UK supermarkets still stock Triflexx carts.
America unfortunately years ago like here my local grocery chain in the Midwest use to carry triflexx carts but been using de razors ever since 2014 u got back to using them still have a match 3 turbo nitro somewhere I used in hs

Check Amazon and EBay, last time I looked both had non-Gillette Sensor compatible carts, there are posts around the forum with positive comments about various non-Gillette carts
Shame that the Gillette carts are about 30 bucks a package I've only seen locally I did see some cheaper 4 pk for clearance can't remember how much didn't bother picking them up at the time

Shame that the Gillette carts are about 30 bucks a package I've only seen locally I did see some cheaper 4 pk for clearance can't remember how much didn't bother picking them up at the time
I bought all mine from EBAY, all NOS sealed boxes for around 75 cents per cart. Significantly cheaper than supermarkets. They all shave fantastic.

I just joined after reading off and on for about 6 years -- so I will jump right in with my first post.

If you take the cartridge off these, they will fit Sensor handles perfectly (I have a Sensor Excel handle, but I don't think there is a difference; please correct me if I am wrong):
These are made by Personna, and I believe they are exactly the same as the Tri-Flexxx blades.
These are the "Speed3", and are sold under store brands in just about every supermarket or drug store chain I go into.
Personna Tri-Flexxx: Mens Triple Blade Disposable Razor System - http://www.personna.com/product-details/tri-flexxx
Personna Speed3: Mens 3 Blade Razor with Lubricating Strip - http://www.personna.com/product-details/speed3mens

Now if you compare the pics of the cartridges, they look slightly different. But the Speed3 disposables that I get under store brand names have blades that look exactly like the ones shown under Tri-Flexxx on the Personna link above. Target by far has the best regular price: $4.89 for 8. The only way I have been able to get them for less is at Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/w...lade-disposable-razors/ID=prod6124155-product
Yes, they are more expensive, but wait for a "buy one get one 50% off" and also deals where you earn extra balance reward points on Walgreens' brand products if you spend $20 -- I've gotten 3,000 points for that -- which equals $3. And if you are 55 or over, on Tuesday you get 30% off Walgreens brands. Some brick and mortar Walgreens charge more than the on-line price, some charge the on-line price. If you order on-line, they will ship it to the Walgreens of your choice for free, no matter how small the order.

These Speed3 blades don't flex, but I don't think current Tri-Flexxx flexes either. When I see listings for NOS Tri-Flexxx cartridges, the description on the back of the package sometimes says "blades adjust to the contours of your skin", which I assume means they flex. The new packages under the store brands don't mention this anymore. And the Personna site doesn't mention it either.
Now look at what CVS charges for Tri-flex cartridges: https://www.cvs.com/shop/blade-triple-blade-razor-cartridges-8ct-prodid-230565
$14.99 for 8.
Look at the pic on the back of the package: no mention of "blades adjust to the contours of your skin". CVS is the only brick and mortar store that I know of who is selling these -- they used to be sold by everyone, but not anymore.
I just got a great deal on a bulk of "Studio 35 for Men Triple Blade Cartridges"/Walgreens dated 2012 that says on the back, "blades adjust to the contours of your skin". These are Tri-Flexxx. I should be getting them soon. I got them for 30 cents a cartridge. I will report back to let you know if they flex or not.

I just discovered all of this a few months ago, and I shave with several different cartridge systems, DE and Injectors. I have, however, been keeping track of how many shaves I get out of a cartridge: so far I am still on the first Speed3 cartridge, used on both the disposable handle it comes with, as well as a Sensor Excel handle. I have had 16 shaves so far, and it is still shaving very well. YMMV.
I shave every day, so I don't give it a really hard job to do. You can definitely get an SAS with one WTG pass. 2 or 3 passes gets you better. BTW, I don't think I have ever gotten a BBS in my life, no matter what razor, soap, or cream I have used.

Oh, I almost forgot.

These look like Personna Speed3s to me. Both sites are selling the same item:
75-0036-0000

They say Personna. So if you want to buy 100, this is a great price. One is selling them cheaper, but you will have to look into shipping costs to see which is the better deal. But 33 cents per razor isn't bad at all. I discovered this after I bought a load of Walgreens and Target versions. But I think I figured out that with the deals I got, I paid about 30 to 40 cents per. But I had to buy a lot. I got hooked after using them for a week and getting great shaves. But again, YMMV. So just spend $4.89 at Target and try them out.

I just joined after reading off and on for about 6 years -- so I will jump right in with my first post.

If you take the cartridge off these, they will fit Sensor handles perfectly (I have a Sensor Excel handle, but I don't think there is a difference; please correct me if I am wrong):
These are made by Personna, and I believe they are exactly the same as the Tri-Flexxx blades.
These are the "Speed3", and are sold under store brands in just about every supermarket or drug store chain I go into.
Personna Tri-Flexxx: Mens Triple Blade Disposable Razor System - http://www.personna.com/product-details/tri-flexxx
Personna Speed3: Mens 3 Blade Razor with Lubricating Strip - http://www.personna.com/product-details/speed3mens

Now if you compare the pics of the cartridges, they look slightly different. But the Speed3 disposables that I get under store brand names have blades that look exactly like the ones shown under Tri-Flexxx on the Personna link above. Target by far has the best regular price: $4.89 for 8. The only way I have been able to get them for less is at Walgreens: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-men's-triple-blade-disposable-razors/ID=prod6124155-product
Yes, they are more expensive, but wait for a "buy one get one 50% off" and also deals where you earn extra balance reward points on Walgreens' brand products if you spend $20 -- I've gotten 3,000 points for that -- which equals $3. And if you are 55 or over, on Tuesday you get 30% off Walgreens brands. Some brick and mortar Walgreens charge more than the on-line price, some charge the on-line price. If you order on-line, they will ship it to the Walgreens of your choice for free, no matter how small the order.

These Speed3 blades don't flex, but I don't think current Tri-Flexxx flexes either. When I see listings for NOS Tri-Flexxx cartridges, the description on the back of the package sometimes says "blades adjust to the contours of your skin", which I assume means they flex. The new packages under the store brands don't mention this anymore. And the Personna site doesn't mention it either.
Now look at what CVS charges for Tri-flex cartridges: https://www.cvs.com/shop/blade-triple-blade-razor-cartridges-8ct-prodid-230565
$14.99 for 8.
Look at the pic on the back of the package: no mention of "blades adjust to the contours of your skin". CVS is the only brick and mortar store that I know of who is selling these -- they used to be sold by everyone, but not anymore.
I just got a great deal on a bulk of "Studio 35 for Men Triple Blade Cartridges"/Walgreens dated 2012 that says on the back, "blades adjust to the contours of your skin". These are Tri-Flexxx. I should be getting them soon. I got them for 30 cents a cartridge. I will report back to let you know if they flex or not.

I just discovered all of this a few months ago, and I shave with several different cartridge systems, DE and Injectors. I have, however, been keeping track of how many shaves I get out of a cartridge: so far I am still on the first Speed3 cartridge, used on both the disposable handle it comes with, as well as a Sensor Excel handle. I have had 16 shaves so far, and it is still shaving very well. YMMV.
I shave every day, so I don't give it a really hard job to do. You can definitely get an SAS with one WTG pass. 2 or 3 passes gets you better. BTW, I don't think I have ever gotten a BBS in my life, no matter what razor, soap, or cream I have used.

Oh, I almost forgot.

These look like Personna Speed3s to me. Both sites are selling the same item:
75-0036-0000

They say Personna. So if you want to buy 100, this is a great price. One is selling them cheaper, but you will have to look into shipping costs to see which is the better deal. But 33 cents per razor isn't bad at all. I discovered this after I bought a load of Walgreens and Target versions. But I think I figured out that with the deals I got, I paid about 30 to 40 cents per. But I had to buy a lot. I got hooked after using them for a week and getting great shaves. But again, YMMV. So just spend $4.89 at Target and try them out.

Very informative and helpful first post, welcome aboard!

Thank you.

I forgot to mention a couple of useful Sensor hacks, using authentic Gillette Sensor 3 carts.

Buy Gillette Sensor 3 Simple Disposables: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/gillette-sensor3-simple-men's-disposable-razors/ID=prod6347341-product
As you can see, they have a $3 off digital coupon available. These seem plentiful in the brick and mortar Walgreens, and I bought a bunch a few months ago (at buy one get 50% off one), but it says "clearance" on that page. I hope that doesn't mean that Gillette is discontinuing it. It is not listed on the Gillette website at all, but I have never seen it listed there.

These don't pivot, but it seems they were manufactured for pivoting handles as well. If you zoom in on the pic that shows the back of the cartridge, you will see 2 little pegs right in the middle of the cart. These interfere with the Sensor handle's springy peg in the middle of the handle head. These pegs on the cart are easily cut off with a small pair of scissors, like the ones used to cut fingernails. Now take a metal file and file what's left of the peg down. I've tried with a metal nail file, but a metal file from the hardware store does a much better job. Now they will fit a Sensor handle and they will pivot! The whole process takes about 2 minutes.

If you don't mind light disposable handles, then buy a pack of Gillette Sensor 3 disposables:
These say "clearance" as well but they are still listed on Gillette's site. The Gillette Sensor 3 Simple cartridge fits and pivots without modification on the regular Gillette Sensor 3 handle! The regular Sensor 3 is almost twice the price of the Simple. I've tried both and didn't notice a difference, but I didn't give it a longevity test. The only differences in the description is that the Simple has a lubrastrip, but the regular one has an "enhanced" lubrastrip -- nobody seems to care about lubrastrips anyway. Also, the Simple promises "Up to 7 clean shaves per razor", vs. the regular's "Up to 10 comfortable shaves per razor". YMMV. :001_smile

U.S. stores sell Sensor 3 refills for almost $3 a cart, unless you get a coupon.
Other Gillette made non-U.S. available refills for Sensor3 seem to be 1) the Gillette Vector 3 which are sold on various online stores and eBay. I bought a couple of packs but haven't tried them yet. They look like the carts from the disposables, just different color lubrastrips and fin guards. They are made by Gillette in Vietnam and Singapore, but exported to India. They of course aren't available in brick and mortar U.S. stores.
And 2) Gillette Blue 3. I bought the handle and it comes with 4 carts that look exactly the same as the Vectors, color and all. On the back of the package there is writing with just about every language known to man. I bought the handle since I didn't have a real Sensor, but of course a few days after I got it I found my father's old Sensor Excel handle. The Blue 3 handle is a bit lighter but it looks sturdy enough -- I haven't tried it yet.

After my experiments worked, I bought Gillette Sensor 2 pivoting disposables. Darn it, they don't fit a Sensor Excel handle. They made the latches just a little bit farther apart. Despite the name, these are really just disposable Atras. The blades don't flex. They used to be called "Good News". Gillette shouldn't call them Sensors when they don't spring flex -- that was the only real difference between the Atra and the Sensor when they first came out.

The only true Sensor compatibles with twin blades made by other companies don't seem to be made anymore. Personna had the "moving blade cartridge" (MBC), under many store brand names. I've been tempted to try them off eBay, but the price hasn't been right. Also, Dorco had flex blades under store brand names, but triple blades, not twin. Not anymore. They are available on eBay but again the price hasn't been right. ($1 a cart usually.) I don't think the Dorco Comfort Twin (aka Dollar Club Humble Twin, once sold by Dollar General as well), flexes. I have some on the way to try them out anyway since the deal was great and they fit Atra handles.

The carts don't fit Sensors, but the Bic Flex 2 Hybrid is excellent, and very reasonably priced.

$6.79 for 10 carts and a handle. Out of stock online now, but they were available online a few weeks ago, and all Walgreens don't have them, but I drove just a few miles to stores that had them in stock. Notice "buy one, get one 50% off". I also had a $3 off digital coupon. Great deal. I also saw them at Dollar General for $6: BIC Flex 2 Hybrid Men’s Twin Blade Razor, One Handle 10 Cartridges - https://www.dollargeneral.com/bic-flex-2-hybrid-men-s-twin-blade-razor-one-handle-10-cartridges.html

No link on the Bic site, but via google they actually have a page:
Don't know why they are hiding it. I hope they don't discontinue it. I bought 8 packs -- 80 carts, lol.
They are excellent. Very sharp. I have gotten 8 shaves on the first cart, and it is still going strong. Just don't push hard, use a light touch, and let the blades do the work, as always.

Interestingly enough, I tried the Sensor when it first came out in 1990, didn't like it, and went immediately back to Atra. I don't think i gave it enough tries. But all I have used since is the Sensor 3 starting a couple of months ago.

Walgreens has them for $7 off with digital coupons right now, but it still comes out to $1.80 a cart.
I'm not sure if it's worth it even at that price.

Last edited:
Thank you.

I forgot to mention a couple of useful Sensor hacks, using authentic Gillette Sensor 3 carts.

Buy Gillette Sensor 3 Simple Disposables: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/gillette-sensor3-simple-men's-disposable-razors/ID=prod6347341-product
As you can see, they have a $3 off digital coupon available. These seem plentiful in the brick and mortar Walgreens, and I bought a bunch a few months ago (at buy one get 50% off one), but it says "clearance" on that page. I hope that doesn't mean that Gillette is discontinuing it. It is not listed on the Gillette website at all, but I have never seen it listed there.

These don't pivot, but it seems they were manufactured for pivoting handles as well. If you zoom in on the pic that shows the back of the cartridge, you will see 2 little pegs right in the middle of the cart. These interfere with the Sensor handle's springy peg in the middle of the handle head. These pegs on the cart are easily cut off with a small pair of scissors, like the ones used to cut fingernails. Now take a metal file and file what's left of the peg down. I've tried with a metal nail file, but a metal file from the hardware store does a much better job. Now they will fit a Sensor handle and they will pivot! The whole process takes about 2 minutes.

If you don't mind light disposable handles, then buy a pack of Gillette Sensor 3 disposables:
These say "clearance" as well but they are still listed on Gillette's site. The Gillette Sensor 3 Simple cartridge fits and pivots without modification on the regular Gillette Sensor 3 handle! The regular Sensor 3 is almost twice the price of the Simple. I've tried both and didn't notice a difference, but I didn't give it a longevity test. The only differences in the description is that the Simple has a lubrastrip, but the regular one has an "enhanced" lubrastrip -- nobody seems to care about lubrastrips anyway. Also, the Simple promises "Up to 7 clean shaves per razor", vs. the regular's "Up to 10 comfortable shaves per razor". YMMV. :001_smile

U.S. stores sell Sensor 3 refills for almost $3 a cart, unless you get a coupon.
Other Gillette made non-U.S. available refills for Sensor3 seem to be 1) the Gillette Vector 3 which are sold on various online stores and eBay. I bought a couple of packs but haven't tried them yet. They look like the carts from the disposables, just different color lubrastrips and fin guards. They are made by Gillette in Vietnam and Singapore, but exported to India. They of course aren't available in brick and mortar U.S. stores.
And 2) Gillette Blue 3. I bought the handle and it comes with 4 carts that look exactly the same as the Vectors, color and all. On the back of the package there is writing with just about every language known to man. I bought the handle since I didn't have a real Sensor, but of course a few days after I got it I found my father's old Sensor Excel handle. The Blue 3 handle is a bit lighter but it looks sturdy enough -- I haven't tried it yet.

After my experiments worked, I bought Gillette Sensor 2 pivoting disposables. Darn it, they don't fit a Sensor Excel handle. They made the latches just a little bit farther apart. Despite the name, these are really just disposable Atras. The blades don't flex. They used to be called "Good News". Gillette shouldn't call them Sensors when they don't spring flex -- that was the only real difference between the Atra and the Sensor when they first came out.

The only true Sensor compatibles with twin blades made by other companies don't seem to be made anymore. Personna had the "moving blade cartridge" (MBC), under many store brand names. I've been tempted to try them off eBay, but the price hasn't been right. Also, Dorco had flex blades under store brand names, but triple blades, not twin. Not anymore. They are available on eBay but again the price hasn't been right. ($1 a cart usually.) I don't think the Dorco Comfort Twin (aka Dollar Club Humble Twin, once sold by Dollar General as well), flexes. I have some on the way to try them out anyway since the deal was great and they fit Atra handles.

The carts don't fit Sensors, but the Bic Flex 2 Hybrid is excellent, and very reasonably priced.

$6.79 for 10 carts and a handle. Out of stock online now, but they were available online a few weeks ago, and all Walgreens don't have them, but I drove just a few miles to stores that had them in stock. Notice "buy one, get one 50% off". I also had a $3 off digital coupon. Great deal. I also saw them at Dollar General for $6: BIC Flex 2 Hybrid Men’s Twin Blade Razor, One Handle 10 Cartridges - https://www.dollargeneral.com/bic-flex-2-hybrid-men-s-twin-blade-razor-one-handle-10-cartridges.html

No link on the Bic site, but via google they actually have a page:
Don't know why they are hiding it. I hope they don't discontinue it. I bought 8 packs -- 80 carts, lol.
They are excellent. Very sharp. I have gotten 8 shaves on the first cart, and it is still going strong. Just don't push hard, use a light touch, and let the blades do the work, as always.

Interestingly enough, I tried the Sensor when it first came out in 1990, didn't like it, and went immediately back to Atra. I don't think i gave it enough tries. But all I have used since is the Sensor 3 starting a couple of months ago.

Walgreens has them for $7 off with digital coupons right now, but it still comes out to $1.80 a cart.
I'm not sure if it's worth it even at that price.

Awesome, thanks for the tip! Many people come to B&B with saving money in mind (until they catch the 'bug' lol and buy everything) so these tips are beneficial. You'll do just fine around here haha.

Here are 3 different incarnations of Walgreens branded Tri-Flexxx. The ones I ordered are the Studio 35. Note that on the other ones, it says "flexing action" or "flexible blades. And only one is branded Tri-Flex, minus 2 Xs.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 1s-l1600.jpg
    1s-l1600.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2s-l400.jpg
    2s-l400.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 11
OK, I received the Studio 35/Walgreens/Personna Tri-Flexxx carts today.
They all came in a black box as opposed to the light blue pictured in my prior post. Most were identical to the ones I have on the Personna Speed3s that I have purchased. In the attached pic, that is the cart attached to the Tri-Flexxx non-disposable handle. A few looked like the ones attached to the Speed3 in the attached pic, with the 7 semi-circle indentations right above the blades. The pic on all the boxes looked this way, even though the contents were different. I don't know if those semi-circles serve any purpose.

So, at some point Personna removed those 7 semi-circle indentations from both the Speed3 and the Tri-Flexxx cartridges. In any case, the current Speed3 carts and Tri-Flexxx carts that I just received without the semi-circles are exactly the same. The pic on the current CVS box shows the semi-cicles, though, but I am not going to pay $15 for 8 carts to find out what's actually inside the box.

In terms of the blades flexing -- I wouldn't actually call them flexible. I took a small knife and pressed on the blades on the Speed3, the Tri-Flexxx with the sem-circles, and without. They "give" ever so slightly, but not like the Bic Flex, Sensor3, and even the Personna Calibers, which all have that spring attachment behind the blades. I did the same to an Atra cart and a Personna Twin Auto Plus cart -- these don't "give" at all.

Now, the question is: Did the Personna Tri-Flex(xx) ever flex more than that? I like Personna products, but including "Flex" in the name is misleading. At least the ones I have from Studio 35 don't mention flexing, just "blades adjust to the contours of your skin", instead of "flexing action cartridges" or "flexible blades adjust to the contours of your skin.

Now the Walgreens Double Flex Plus that is pictured certainly must flex. These are Personna's Acti-Flexx which they no longer make.

Another question is: Do flexing blades really make a difference? Since this is mainly a DE/SE forum, I'm sure most people here would say "no."

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 10
  • speed3disposable_m_3.png
    speed3disposable_m_3.png
    247 KB · Views: 8
  • nrw2_m_2_3.png
    nrw2_m_2_3.png
    233.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg