What's new

Sensible World Of Soccer

This was, and still is, the greatest footy game of all time. I've recently been playing the 95/96 version, a time before football became truly boring (that's right, I said it!), on my laptop, using an Amiga 500 emulator, which was part of the game download.

Anyway, the game works great and is just as brilliant as ever, but I can't figure out how to save a game and therefore the truly fantastic career mode is unplayable. :concern:

I've had a look around the net but can't seem to find any solutions so I wondered if there's any SWOS fans or computer type people here that can help. To let you know, I'm not a tech wizzard (it took me a day to find out that I can exit the emulator by pressing f4, rather than ctrl, alt, delete and task manager!) but not totally clueless.

In the game, if I go into 'Save Disk Filing', then 'Format Save Disk' it then says 'Insert Blank Disk In DFO'. This is where I get stuck. I'm on my laptop so have neither a blank floppy disk or a floppy disk drive, and I have no idea what a DFO is. I did find a folder (empty) for the game that says floppies but have no real idea what I'm doing. Do I need to make a virtual floppy disk? A virtual disk drive? Is that easy? OK, maybe I am totall clueless afterall, ha. Anyway, thanks all.

Wes.

Many years ago, just prior to the time the Blue Jays were winning the World Series, about a half dozen of us created a roto League for Earl Weaver's Baseball on a couple of Amigas (1500s?). We drafted teams based on a points system we created to place a value on each player in the game's database, and allotted each team a specific budget. Worked out pretty well, too. We played three full seasons, 120 games per team, before it all fell apart.

Some of those Amiga games were AWESOME.

Some of those Amiga games were AWESOME.

Absolutely. And a lot of them were kind of cottage industry, creativity and imagination being far more important than spending and making loads of money. Just like much professional sport today, especially football/soccer.

Top Bottom