What's new

Senator vs Sheraton aggressiveness...?

I have been searching the net over the last few days to understand how aggressive the Senator and the Sheraton really is.

I am very hooked on the looks of the silver nickel Senator, but here and there people have noted that is is a bit more aggressive than the Sheraton, or that the Sheraton is 'smoother'?

In addition, some people call both of them medium aggressive razors whereas others compare their aggressiveness to a '3' on a Fatboy (which I would coin being on the milder side). I would really love the latter to be true (as I love all my adjustables on '3':001_wub:) but what do you guys think...?

I find my 4Gen Brit Aristocrat and Diplomats o.k. in terms of aggressiveness but wouldn't like any more than that.

I really need to feed my RAD but I am unsure whether the Senator (or even the Sheraton) would fit my mild tastes?

Appreciate any input, thanks.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm in the same boat. My 1969 Gillette gave up the ghost. I replaced it with a Parker and it's WAY too aggressive. Like you, I found the "3" setting to be ideal on my Gillette.

I have one of each. For me at least, they shave the same. The only difference is the plating. But I do have to admit that the nickel plated Senator is much more pleasing to the eye!
tmp_25281-20170401_0806531948005639.jpg

I have one of each. For me at least, they shave the same. The only difference is the plating. But I do have to admit that the nickel plated Senator is much more pleasing to the eye!
View attachment 779510

Thanks - how to you rate them in terms of aggressiveness - compared to others you own/use? - Cheers!

Yours are very nice indeed, by the way, congrats! :thumbup1:

They should be the same. With that said these razors are famous for being bent out of shape so they all my shave differently.

If you were to use them blindfolded, you would not be able to tell a bit of difference between them.

Top Bottom