What's new

Semogue's My precious :S

Hello, This is my first post on the B&B forums.

I love the community here, I thought it would be a good idea to look for some advice even though ive looked through soooo many posts regarding my topic.

I found out that Semogue's make some of the best boar brush's for the price. I was set on choosing the 1305 but now after researching alot more i like the 620 andddddddd... now i want the 2000.

EDIT: I like the Semogue Owners club looks pretty good would that be a better choice (Boar)

So this is going to be the first time i am buying a shaving brush and other shaving equipment which i am already set on.

My question now is whether the 620 or the 2000 orrr the SOC ( please don't say all or else i will cry) :crying:

topic is open for discussion if you have other models you can recommend i will also look into them.

( Of any brand, etc...)

Budget constraints limit me from purchasing a more expensive brush so the SOC model is as high as i can go and gladly pay for. (if there weren't any budget constraints i would of already purchased all of the above) :w00t:

Last edited:

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
I have the 620, 830 and 1305 plus 20 + other brushes.
the 1305 is my go to and the only one I can't do w/o.

I've used a 1305, 2000, and SOC. All three are great brushes, but of the three, the 1305 is the smallest of the bunch. I wound up giving that one away to a friend who tells me that he loves it. The 2000 and the SOC are both in my rotation of four brushes. I look forward to using them every time they come up!

Were I you, I might consider the 2000 first since it's the more economical of the two. If you like that, then consider the SOC for a later purchase.

Could do with buying the 2000 and then going for the SOC the 10 difference really is nothing to me i just would prefer to not pay more than that. And my mum will kill me if i bought another shaving brush especially after she finds out i paid 30 dollars for one which she would argue her 3 dollar product would do the same thing. ( In short id prefer to have one really good and very unlikely i will change anytime soon regardless)

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Good morning, Sunshine!

I've never had the opportunity to try the 1305 or the 2000 but I have both the 620 and the SOC. The 620 is one of my favorites. The SOC is great, but too big for my personal taste.
As we say, thought, YMMV!

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
If you want a short, scrubby face lathering brush, go with the 620. On the other hand, if you want big, bushy bowl lathering brush, go 2000 or SOC. If you want an all-rounder, go 1305. Or 1800. I have the 1800 and love it. But all Semogues are great.

Top Bottom