What's new

Semogue Torga C5 Silvertip Badger - Help needed

Hi,

I am planning to buy a badger hair brush from Semogue. I have most of their boars and I love them all. However, I just have a bad case of BAD. I like both the Semogue Torga C5 Silvertip Badger as well as the Semogue SOC Finest Badger - Taj Handle. There are many posts here on the Semogue SOC Finest Badger - Taj Handle. However very little is written and discussed about the Semogue Torga C5 Silvertip Badger.

Can you all fine gentleman talk about Semogue Torga C5 Silvertip Badger in more details. I am a face latherer and use creams, croaps and soaps without any bias. The badger brushes that I have currently are the Super Truefitt & Hill badger 24 mm- soft, but very less backbone, Yaqi- Bali silvertip 24 mm, love it, soft again with limited backbone and Yaqi moka 26 mm- 2 band badger, not soft, has good backbone because of the size and density. If its not much of an ask, is the Semogue Torga C5 Silvertip Badger similar to any of the current badgers that I hold (dont want to do a repeat buy).

Thanks in advance,

H.

I have one C5.
In one of my shaves' I've written a small review :
"Brush: Semogue Torga C5 (Jet Black) Silvertip Badger 24mm Knot (P) - This small guy is another of my go to brushes. It's a fantastic lather machine both for bowl and face lathering, with excellent flow through. The backbone is good for a silvertip three band, for the bristles have intrinsic rigidity and the 24 mm knot is densely populated. The silvertips produce the desired exquisite light touch over skin. The handle while short has a classic design that favors it."

It is a very easy brush to break in. I suggest, in case you purchase it, to build a lather in a bowl and give it some hand palm swirling. Then rinse it and repeat the process with your shampoo, rinse it again and put it to dry.
If you repeat this process for 4 or 5 times when you'll use it in a real shave you'll get a top form fellow.
It is indeed a wonderful multi-purpose brush.

Happy Shaves

I have one C5.
In one of my shaves' I've written a small review :
"Brush: Semogue Torga C5 (Jet Black) Silvertip Badger 24mm Knot (P) - This small guy is another of my go to brushes. It's a fantastic lather machine both for bowl and face lathering, with excellent flow through. The backbone is good for a silvertip three band, for the bristles have intrinsic rigidity and the 24 mm knot is densely populated. The silvertips produce the desired exquisite light touch over skin. The handle while short has a classic design that favors it."

It is a very easy brush to break in. I suggest, in case you purchase it, to build a lather in a bowl and give it some hand palm swirling. Then rinse it and repeat the process with your shampoo, rinse it again and put it to dry.
If you repeat this process for 4 or 5 times when you'll use it in a real shave you'll get a top form fellow.
It is indeed a wonderful multi-purpose brush.

Happy Shaves
thanks so much for your revert. inclined towards the silvertip, will keep looking for it - in case of a discount sale :)

If you like hard soaps, you may like the finest (aka two-band) knot in the C5. Since you like boars, it follows that you might also like the Mistura knot.
I have the mistura and absolutely love it. its the one brush which i can live with for the rest of my life. Just that i love semogues so much that i feel the desire to acquire one more. The torga silvertip has a loft of 50 mm, which i assume should give it enough backbone, when compared to the yaqi bali that i have at the moment. I dont like floppy badgers, eg 55 mm yaqi aqua high mountain silvertip. Thinking if the torga c5 silvertip can be the holy grail of silvertip brushes?

looking forward to reading your review on the C5 silvertip. I have the SOC Taj finest. I love the handle, and I can't fault the knot, but I just like my synths better. sure you don't want both to be able to compare them (for science)? :D

I have the mistura and absolutely love it. its the one brush which i can live with for the rest of my life. Just that i love semogues so much that i feel the desire to acquire one more. The torga silvertip has a loft of 50 mm, which i assume should give it enough backbone, when compared to the yaqi bali that i have at the moment. I dont like floppy badgers, eg 55 mm yaqi aqua high mountain silvertip. Thinking if the torga c5 silvertip can be the holy grail of silvertip brushes?
You can let us know! :yesnod:

I mostly have boar brushes, with a few two-band badgers. If I needed any more brushes, I think I'd like to try a Manchurian.

looking forward to reading your review on the C5 silvertip. I have the SOC Taj finest. I love the handle, and I can't fault the knot, but I just like my synths better. sure you don't want both to be able to compare them (for science)? :D
Aha the most preferred of all the options in the forum...buy both :). If only money was not a constraint. This hobby is a rabbit hole :)

I think badgers are such an personal preference you have to start with backbone then tips. For me, I usually don’t like 3 band brushes (I only have one and it has good backbone). Flow through is in the middle, I hate lather thief’s. Then you get to the tips, I don’t like chemically cured for gel tips. I line natural. So there is only one Semogue choice for 100% Badger for me (although I love my SOC mistura knot).

It has to be 2 band…

Top Bottom