What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura | Your Impressions & Mine

Mistura May Madness continues...
20210512_235302.jpg

Wow, you lucked out on that handle. Beautiful grain.
Many thanks, I will coat it with a couple of layers of furniture oil to save it from the humidity and further enhance the looks.

Initially I thought it was olive wood as the grain is so flamboyant but Semogue doesn’t do the SOC in olive and the color is Cherry anyway.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
7-31-20.Mistua&Boar.Two Semogues.SOC.640JPG.JPG

I don't remember what kind of wood my boar SOC is. I think it's cherry, but I'm not sure.

Semogue LE 3 band (new, vendor's photo).png

I have not taken a sufficiently good photo of this lovely (non SOC) Semogue brush. It has the SOC handle but is a limited edition brush with the most wonderful three band knot.

It might be my favorite three band knot. Tons of backbone and scrub.

The handle is of course stellar.​

I realize I'm not qualified for Hat Trick Status, but I might be were this horseshoes.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 1266003

I don't remember what kind of wood my boar SOC is. I think it's cherry, but I'm not sure.

View attachment 1266006
I have not taken a sufficiently good photo of this lovely (non SOC) Semogue brush. It has the SOC handle but is a limited edition brush with the most wonderful three band knot.

It might be my favorite three band knot. Tons of backbone and scrub.

The handle is of course stellar.​

I realize I'm not qualified for Hat Trick Status, but I might be were this horseshoes.

Happy shaves,

Jim
The TSN is an absolute stunner - I lucked out on this otherwise we would be talking about the Four Horsemen of shaving Goodness :c9:

Last edited:
Oops, I should've check the news. Canada's Border Service, which includes Customs, just went on a work to rule strike. To be continued...

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oops, I should've check the news. Canada's Border Service, which includes Customs, just went on a work to rule strike. To be continued...
Rutt row. Hopefully this doesn’t delay your little box of goodness too long.

Wowzer, five days door to door from Portugal to Toronto. That's gotta be some kinda record. I will post pics soonish. Don't get too excited, my photo skills are abysmal at best ;)

Top Bottom