What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura | Your Impressions & Mine

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Same, I'm looking at the butterscotch soc mistura... I already have a butterscotch handle, but I like the colour better than the taj handle. And sorta juggling the mistura in the c5 torga handle... although again, I like the longer handle of the soc.
I’d say go longer handle. I’m still on the fence about getting a duplicate (you know just to have)!🥺

I have a boar in Taj, a Mistura in Butterscotch so my missing one is a Finest in wood (most probably cherry) :c9:

20210415_080418-01.jpeg

Those cherry handles are nice indeed...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
I made the move and clicked submit on a butterscotch mistura. This is probably already common knowledge, but if you're thinking of picking one up, have a glance at the Portuguese Factory website before buying from them on ebay, its cheaper. (I saved $20). I'm guessing they bake the shipping into their ebay prices.

I am on the verge of making a purchase of a mistura brush. Would you be willing to provide a link to the Portuguese Factory website? I assume that there is a shipping charge involved - even with that charge is the brush $20 cheaper than purchasing from an American site?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I am on the verge of making a purchase of a mistura brush. Would you be willing to provide a link to the Portuguese Factory website? I assume that there is a shipping charge involved - even with that charge is the brush $20 cheaper than purchasing from an American site?

Here's a link to one of the SOC Mistura brushes on the Port. Factory site.

There are various considerations - exchange rates, shipping, exactly which handle you want, speed of shipping, etc. - for you to take into account.

Here is one US vendor (I did not look at their shipping, but you might live in NYC and be able to buy it locally).

There are plenty of vendors offering this brush. It's not the same price everywhere. That is often the case with shaving related items as with everything else.

Happy shaves,

Jim

You could wait for a sale at Pasteur Pharmacy. They have pretty frequent sales and free shipping over $50. It ends up being about the same price, except you don't have to wait a month to receive what you ordered.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Just call Pasteur first. Several months ago they had it in stock on the web but not in real life.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Thanks for putting up that link @Chan Eil Whiskers Jim, and yes, do look around, diff vendors will have diff shipping deals/thresholds and yes. I just have purchased from pf before (my soc boar a few years ago, coincidently) and was comfortable with everything. Btw, pf does accept Paypal, if you were worried about that.

I used my C3 this morning. It's a very firm little brush, quite scrubby. I continue to enjoy it but find I prefer the 24mm knots. They open up a bit more while still having ample backbone. I may wind up selling the C3 as I have two 24mm versions of the mistura knot and find myself wanting to use them more than this Torga. Great little brush, though. Reminiscent of a Duke 2 IMO, but with softer tips.

I used my C3 this morning. It's a very firm little brush, quite scrubby. I continue to enjoy it but find I prefer the 24mm knots. They open up a bit more while still having ample backbone. I may wind up selling the C3 as I have two 24mm versions of the mistura knot and find myself wanting to use them more than this Torga. Great little brush, though. Reminiscent of a Duke 2 IMO, but with softer tips.
You might have answered this before, but how would you compare the C5 Mistura with the SOC Mistura? I like the handle on the SOC, but don't really want a huge blooming ball of a brush.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

1618850628059.png

This brush ⬆ is a Galahad C3 in horse. It's 22 mm.

Unobtanium UN 120 element.jpeg
I'd like a Galahad C7 in Mistura!​

I'm very happy with the Mistura, but wish it were a larger knot.

That said, it's a great knot in the SOC, and not too small at all.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom