What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura | Your Impressions & Mine

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I’m late to the party but happy to read so many positive reviews. I went on the hunt for one and found short lived success at Pasteurs they had one left after I placed my order they told me it sold. I went on a new hunt and got one now on the way from Portugal.

Mine made it across the waters, too. I think maybe mine's from Spain but it could have been Portugal. Anyway, it's from one of those countries where everybody speaks Spanish.

proxy.php

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Mine is from the Portuguese factory
Lol. Many places were sold out and the one I found more available was over $20 more. Now I’m hunting around again I found a butterscotch boar ugh. I don’t need that but it looks nice.

20210227_094915-01-01.jpeg

I really enjoy the Mistura. Nice backbone without being to stiff, there is absolutely no scritch here but a gentle amount of scrub. Great handle. Overall, it feels very balanced...

I wonder if I am beginning to prefer the Mistura over the 2-band finest badger (because of Mistura's backbone)...

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
View attachment 1229308
I really enjoy the Mistura. Nice backbone without being to stiff, there is absolutely no scritch here but a gentle amount of scrub. Great handle. Overall, it feels very balanced...

I wonder if I am beginning to prefer the Mistura over the 2-band finest badger (because of Mistura's backbone)...
Looks great.
what was the breakin time on the mistura?

Looks great.
what was the breakin time on the mistura?
It felt quite pleasant right from the start, well, maybe it took roundabout 10 more shaves...

I have an SOC boar as well, which is not fully broken in as yet (30+ shaves), however, I think that the Mistura is the superior brush (comparing apples and oranges, to some extent, I know).

It felt quite pleasant right from the start, well, maybe it took roundabout 10 more shaves...

I have an SOC boar as well, which is not fully broken in as yet (30+ shaves), however, I think that the Mistura is the superior brush (comparing apples and oranges, to some extent, I know).
Yeah, mine took about 5-10 shaves to go from a really good brush to a stunning brush.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.

Thanks for the feedback
I’m still looking at the boar too. Trying to hold off fight it. 😂

Thanks for the feedback
I’m still looking at the boar too. Trying to hold off fight it. 😂

The mistura & boar are two totally different beasts. I disliked my SOC boar and often thought of putting it in BST... or the bin. Once broke in (40ish shaves!) it found itself at the top of the rotation especially when a croap is on deck.

The mistura was ready straight out of the box. It's far too early for me to comment about what it can do once broken in as I've only used it a half dozen times but I expect great lathers in it's future.

20210302_155722.jpg

Now I just need a badger in Taj to round out the trio.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The mistura & boar are two totally different beasts. I disliked my SOC boar and often thought of putting it in BST... or the bin. Once broke in (40ish shaves!) it found itself at the top of the rotation especially when a croap is on deck.

The mistura was ready straight out of the box. It's far too early for me to comment about what it can do once broken in as I've only used it a half dozen times but I expect great lathers in it's future.

View attachment 1230841

Now I just need a badger in Taj to round out the trio.
Looks amazing
Mine is coming but it’s not breaking any land speed records
I’ve been using the soc boar wood handle. I had only used it a hand full of times before it’s shedding with each use. Not sure about that. Hopefully it’s calming down.

Looks amazing
Mine is coming but it’s not breaking any land speed records
I’ve been using the soc boar wood handle. I had only used it a hand full of times before it’s shedding with each use. Not sure about that. Hopefully it’s calming down.

Mine took roughly 3 weeks to find it's way from Europe. It must have taken the scenic route but making it well traveled seems to have paid off.

I don't remember my boar loosing much hair. Hopefully it settles soon. Give it a chance and it will mature into a great brush.

If you can own only one will you pick Semogue SOC Mistura (with 53mm. loft) or Semogue Torga Mistura Mix C5 (50mm. loft) and why ?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Mine took roughly 3 weeks to find it's way from Europe. It must have taken the scenic route but making it well traveled seems to have paid off.

I don't remember my boar loosing much hair. Hopefully it settles soon. Give it a chance and it will mature into a great brush.
I feel like I’m on that time frame. I busted my don’t buy anything February for this. 😞

If you can own only one will you pick Semogue SOC Mistura (with 53mm. loft) or Semogue Torga Mistura Mix C5 (50mm. loft) and why ?

I went back and forth on that desicion as well but in the end I agree with @pwill112 as the SOC handle is known to me and plenty comfortable.

Also, maybe I'm wrong about this but, a shorter loft would make for a stiffer brush and from what I read the mistura knots are pretty stiff already. Granted my brush is still new but I wouldn't want it much stiffer.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

I don't hate the SOC boar, but it's certainly not a boar I love. Probably I wouldn't have kept it except for its excellent handle.

The Mistura knot makes the SOC handle seem even better.

Top Bottom