What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura | Your Impressions & Mine

Razor Emporium

word of advice: do NOT buy from the Portuguese Factory, bought a Taj Handle Boar from them via Amazon back in mid October and have yet to get it, so either Europes postal service is going haywire or that company has it's head somewhere else.
Have you received your Taj boar from the Portuguese Factory yet?

a couple days ago FINALLY, I need to stop buying from overseas during this stupid pandemic, other than that loving the brush so far
Well, it's not like we actually need the stuff, so a few weeks is merely annoying and not critical. I'm five weeks into waiting for a Semogue boar I bought at Conoughts. Glad you like the mixed hair brush. I'm sure I'll pick one up some day.

Well, it's not like we actually need the stuff, so a few weeks is merely annoying and not critical. I'm five weeks into waiting for a Semogue boar I bought at Conoughts. Glad you like the mixed hair brush. I'm sure I'll pick one up some day.

We're talking about the white handled boar, the mixed one I ordered from Razor Emporium, they actually sent me the pure badger butterscotch instead of the mixed on accident but I decided to actually keep it and gift it to a cousin of mine, so I went and ordered it again, this time from pasteur and hopefully they'll get it right

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
We're talking about the white handled boar, the mixed one I ordered from Razor Emporium, they actually sent me the pure badger butterscotch instead of the mixed on accident but I decided to actually keep it and gift it to a cousin of mine, so I went and ordered it again, this time from pasteur and hopefully they'll get it right

I looked on Amazon to see if I could find the SOC in "pure." Yes, there is one which says it's "pure badger" but the price is about $87 which seems like the same price for the two band finest badger elsewhere making me wonder if it's 100% badger (meaning 100% two band or even three band) as opposed to actually being the grade of hair called pure.

Your thoughts?

If it is actually pure why so expensive? If it is actually pure is it a good pure?

Anyone have this sorted out already?

Happy shaves,

Jim

I looked on Amazon to see if I could find the SOC in "pure." Yes, there is one which says it's "pure badger" but the price is about $87 which seems like the same price for the two band finest badger elsewhere making me wonder if it's 100% badger (meaning 100% two band or even three band) as opposed to actually being the grade of hair called pure.

Your thoughts?

If it is actually pure why so expensive? If it is actually pure is it a good pure?

Happy shaves,

Jim

Not sure about any of that, but the "mistura" I wound up with was a bit too similar to the SOC cherrywood handle badger I have and lo and behold it was the exact same thing in butterscotch, even compared the UPC/item number on the site vs the box to confirm. I love my SOC badger for applying creams like TOBS so I know it's also a fantastic brush but I want my damn boar/badger hybrid :cursing:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Not sure about any of that, but the "mistura" I wound up with was a bit too similar to the SOC cherrywood handle badger I have and lo and behold it was the exact same thing in butterscotch, even compared the UPC/item number on the site vs the box to confirm. I love my SOC badger for applying creams like TOBS so I know it's also a fantastic brush but I want my damn boar/badger hybrid :cursing:

Yes, the Mistura is the bee's knees.

Your thoughts?

Happy shaves,

Jim
My guess is that "Pure" wasn't being used to specify a grade of hair, but rather, as a means to state that the brush has genuine badger hair. I rather doubt that the description was written by Semouge. As far as I know, Semouge doesn't make a brush using "Pure" grade hair.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
My guess is that "Pure" wasn't being used to specify a grade of hair, but rather, as a means to state that the brush has genuine badger hair. I rather doubt that the description was written by Semouge. As far as I know, Semouge doesn't make a brush using "Pure" grade hair.

That's my guess, too.

Seriously?! Is that the brush you waited weeks for from Portugal?

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
12-14-20.Executiive.Mistura.Vitos.640.JPG

This SOC Mistura is a tremendous brush. The knot just gets better and better.

Happy shaves,

Jim

What people are saying about this brush is true for me. Great backbone, great flow through. It lathers like a monster and is soft. So glad I bought one.

The only downside is that its a little small for me.

The best part is that it uniquely rounded out my collection of boars and badgers. When I use this it is a different experience than all my other brushes. To me a new tool should add something different to my den. Otherwise, why bother?

Top Bottom