What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura | Your Impressions & Mine

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
7-31-20.Semogue.SOC.Mistura.640.JPG

Is the Semogue SOC Mistura handle smaller than the Semogue SOC Boar handle.

7-31-20.Mistua&Boar.Two Semogues.SOC.640JPG.JPG

I took my calipers to my SOC brushes to find out. I have only these two and am not vouching for anyone else's SOC.

7-31-20.SOC.Mistura.SOC.Boar.640JPG.JPG

Bottom line: No. The Mistura handle is not smaller than the Boar handle.

The handles are virtually identical in size. The Mistura handle may be a tiny bit larger in the waist, but not enough so anyone would notice (and such a small amount I'm not entirely sure it's worth even mentioning as it could be user error).

I measured them in every way I could think of but didn't notice the numbers. All I attended to was the comparison.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Alright gentlemen - I have had some time with my SOC boars and finest badger, and have a mistura now on the way. This will complete the SOC collection and I will have one of every handle material when it arrives!!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Alright gentlemen - I have had some time with my SOC boars and finest badger, and have a mistura now on the way. This will complete the SOC collection and I will have one of every handle material when it arrives!!

Resin, wood, & what?

Or, maybe, resin, ash, and cherry?

In any event, I suspect you'll love the Mistura. I was planning to buy the finest, but the Mistura convinced me (so far) by whispering in my ear, "Why bother?"

Happy shaves,

Jim

Resin, wood, & what?

Or, maybe, resin, ash, and cherry?

In any event, I suspect you'll love the Mistura. I was planning to buy the finest, but the Mistura convinced me (so far) by whispering in my ear, "Why bother?"

Happy shaves,

Jim

taj resin, butterscotch resin, ash wood, and cherry wood. Just to fully enable everyone for more brushes. :)

taj resin, butterscotch resin, ash wood, and cherry wood. Just to fully enable everyone for more brushes. :)

Correct. My SOC boar brushes have broken in a bit differently, the ash retaining more backbone. The cherry boar was my first and is pillow soft at this point. The butterscotch resin is a finest badger and the taj will be the mistura. Should be a pretty nice display with a copper Zenith boar rounding out the group.

(These are of course just the brushes I would have out for rotation, the stuff in the bathroom cabinet is another story...)

Gents, any thoughts on the SOC Mistura for bowl and face lathering of hard soaps?

I was looking at the SOC Taj Boar, but too much splay and looks far too soft once fully broken in, and I just don't like badgers. I prefer backbone and scrubbiness. (For the record, I'm pretty sure I'm also getting a 1250 Board, but I really, really like the SOC Taj handle.)

Gents, any thoughts on the SOC Mistura for bowl and face lathering of hard soaps?

I was looking at the SOC Taj Boar, but too much splay and looks far too soft once fully broken in, and I just don't like badgers. I prefer backbone and scrubbiness. (For the record, I'm pretty sure I'm also getting a 1250 Board, but I really, really like the SOC Taj handle.)
My Mistura w/Taj handle has been used exclusively for hard soaps. I'm a face latherer, and brushes that feel like this one are the reason why. So scrubby with no prickle to it at all. It feels great on my face and makes mountains of lather. It's an amazing brush. Truly. And the Taj handle is a looker for sure, besides being very ergonomic.

Fully agree with Jim & Tim in 2 posts above. I’m a face lather who was addicted to great badgers exclusively until my SOC Butterscotch Mistura arrived

Top Bottom