What's new

Semogue SOC Mistura | Your Impressions & Mine

Excellent review Roberto! Perfect balance sounds great! I want one!

My first and only badger is a Simpson X3. It's soft but compared to my boars, it has absolutely no backbone. My local supplier has both the resin and wood (Ash and Cherry) in stock.

Paul
Thank you very much for your kind words, dear Paul. I'm sorry for replying to you just now...I just saw your message.

I'm so glad you purchased a splendid Mistura in Cherry. I'm sure that, like me, you will be very happy with it.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

Thank you very much for your kind words, dear Paul. I'm sorry for replying to you just now...I just saw your message.

I'm so glad you purchased a splendid Mistura in Cherry. I'm sure that, like me, you will be very happy with it.

Cheers!
❤️🪒
Roberto,
I've used this brush two days in a row and even with that small sample size I know this is going to be my favorite!

IMG_5853.jpg

Now, a year and change later, I will add to the above:

I love the feel of this brush. It's like a Duke 3 in Best in terms of its density and feel, but it has better lather release due to the boar hair. It has broken in to the point that there is absolutely no scritch but a scrubbiness that suits my tastes perfectly.

The handle is superb. I would rate this Semogue shape as one of the most ergonomic and comfortable handle shapes going. It feels great in the hand, is amenable to a dozen different grips, can be used for bowl or face lathering with ease, and stays out of the way.

In terms of craftsmanship, there's no question Semogue is making a better-formed and more carefully constructed knot than the bulk 70/30 knots going around. No random overlong hairs, consistent slightly domed fan shape, etc. It's a really well-built knot and brush.

I have considered buying one in butterscotch to match my faux ivory and using no other brushes. In fact, even as I'm whittling down my boars to a handful for rotation, I know that this Mistura is one of only 3-4 brushes I've ever come across that I could use as my only one. Wha
Now, a year and change later, I will add to the above:

I love the feel of this brush. It's like a Duke 3 in Best in terms of its density and feel, but it has better lather release due to the boar hair. It has broken in to the point that there is absolutely no scritch but a scrubbiness that suits my tastes perfectly.

The handle is superb. I would rate this Semogue shape as one of the most ergonomic and comfortable handle shapes going. It feels great in the hand, is amenable to a dozen different grips, can be used for bowl or face lathering with ease, and stays out of the way.

In terms of craftsmanship, there's no question Semogue is making a better-formed and more carefully constructed knot than the bulk 70/30 knots going around. No random overlong hairs, consistent slightly domed fan shape, etc. It's a really well-built knot and brush.

I have considered buying one in butterscotch to match my faux ivory and using no other brushes. In fact, even as I'm whittling down my boars to a handful for rotation, I know that this Mistura is one of only 3-4 brushes I've ever come across that I could use as my only one.
What are the other 2-3 brushes that you could use as your only one?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
It's a wonderful brush. It would be my favorite, but I am unanimous in my belief that a brush should have no scritch/scrub. This one has such a little bit that I still use it occasionally, but if you're not quite as disturbed as I am (about scrub or generally) I suspect you will just love this brush. Great size, great handle and great backbone.

What are the other 2-3 brushes that you could use as your only one?
Sorry. Been away from the forum and just saw this. Muhle STF XL and Shavemac 2-band silvertip are two others that have spent years in constant rotation and could easily be "the one." I am truly at this point considering dropping everything but the STF out of use. That said, the face feel of the Mistura brushes is nonpareil for my tastes. I have a 22mm Torga and the SOC, and I love them both.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Top Bottom