What's new

Semogue Saturdays!

SOTD February 25h
GRUME February
Fruity February
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends!

Today I had probably the last shave of the month. A wonder, that only R41 can give me. Don Byas was with me on this journey, playing Laura (name of one of my daughters). A masterpiece!

I really appreciate the opportunity to be with you in February, it was a real pleasure. Wait for the next one…

Have a nice weekend and great shave!
❤️ 🪒

5EFE67AB-9693-4F42-AA48-CFF08928A551.jpeg
3E00263C-9027-4294-9E24-8725B7BF90CB.jpeg

Today is Semogue and Saponificio Varesino (SV) Saturday!
Still in GRUME, GRUYERE & 365 Shaves

PXL_20230303_232424376.jpg

Leaf Twig and Feather DX razors, half-Qshave (1) and Feather AC (29) blades, Semogue SOC and SV Manna Di Sicilia

Hey Guys
I decided to test some blades I haven't tried before. I have a 5 pack of unopened Qshave blades and discovered they were made in the U.S. The Feather Artist Club is on #29. I think the longest I have used a blade was around 32 shaves. The AC should get bonus points for being a single edge blade.

The lather required attention today. The first pass, a tad dry, the second pass, more water, super slick and hitting the bullseye. On the third pass with the DX I felt the need to add more soap in the lather. The DX is still not ready for retirement. It was a DFS+ to start the weekend.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

SOTD March 4th
GRUME March
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends,

March is the last month of summer around here, with its daily rains that wash our souls from the ailments and dreams we had in the season.
To celebrate this, Tom Jobim composed Waters of March many years ago. It became an international success. In tribute to Tom, today I shave with the original 74 version sung by him and Elis Regina, in Portuguese.

Well friends, which aroma combine more with March waters than lavender? Its name comes from the Latin word Lavare, which means to wash…
Rockwell 6C (R5), Gillette Nacet (3), Semogue Finest Badger, MdC Original, Thayers and Ach Brito Lavanda were sublime shaving my 3-day beard.

Thank you so much for the privilege of being here with you.
Have a great weekend and a wonderful shave.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

958E146E-8770-465A-9415-C00EA603DF11.jpeg
0EC1F449-391A-4F36-A4A4-8DB0F52776D5.jpeg

SOTD March 11th
GRUME March
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends,

Today the day dawned colder around here, 19°C to 24°C in few minutes…which for our summer is a beautiful fresh morning, suitable for a stronger aroma.
My 4 day old beard was completely removed for a BBS that only R41 can give me. The SV Desert Vetiver has such a combination of aromas that it encouraged me to go to Guerlain Vetiver EDT after the Malizia AS which despite beind very light, I like a lot. SOC Boar and Gillette Nacet (4) beautifully completed the shave.

Along with me, my old friends from The Modern Jazz Quartet on the sublime classic Django.

Have a nice weekend and great shave!❤️ 🪒

E08713B1-372F-4EA7-A3D2-33A7CC1F6010.jpeg

A6563873-4377-4B15-890B-7B6FEE0AC37B.jpeg

Semogue and SV Saturdays!
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

PXL_20230310_232327579.MP.jpeg

Merkur 34C loaded with Muhle Rasurkultur (13), Semogue 830 and SV 70th-Beta 4.1

I would guess a lot of guys get the Merkur 34 shortly after lurking around on B&B and in the developmental stage of a RAD frenzy. I didn't get mine till late last year. I don't use it often but during today's shave I liked it's smooth, mild and efficient design. I don't see much talk about the Muhle Rasurkultur blade but it continues to be smooth and efficient two weeks on the job. Maybe @Ckmaui has some comparative comments about the blade.
If I had to keep just one Semogue brush, it would be the 830. It is taking time to develop a good relationship with SV soaps. Today on the second pass, I added more soap to the lather and eureka!, I began to realize the subtle properties of this product. And so it goes, with continued practice and time, an ordinary chore can evolve into an enjoyable experience.
Tomorrow is Synthetic Sundays!!!

SV/Semogue Saturday
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE & 365 Shaves

PXL_20230318_034759028.jpeg

Timeless Ti .68 with Muhle Rasurkultur (18), SV Manna Di Sicilia and Semogue SOC

Again, another good quartet to start the weekend. I really like the light weight of the Timeless razor. It was a DFS+ way to start the weekend.

Here is some good music I listened to last night-
1679147147810.png

SOTD March 18th
GRUME-30/31er
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends,

Today, Saturday dawned sunny. Under Brazilian law, you become an elderly person when you turn 65. You can use public transport without paying, park your car in special spaces for the elderly, etc... Today was also my first shave like an old man. To celebrate, I decided to do an old school shave.

Speick stick, Semogue 830, Merkur Progress (5/4/3), Astra SP (4), Rapozo (alum block) and Lilac Vegetal, also commonly known as cat pee, were phenomenal.

Accompanying me was good old Frank.

Have a nice day and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

7D2CC5BA-C440-4C04-9E53-7B6897A5D296.jpeg
D5B14388-0519-48E6-9CDE-813556775A18.jpeg

SOTD March 25th
GRUME-30/31er
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends,

Beautiful autumnal Saturday morning. Perfect to finish off a 3-day beard. In that sense, nothing better than get my tub of Saponificio Varesino and call the Fantastic Four: Merkur, Gillette, Semogue and Williams. What a team!
Aqua Velva Ice Blue paired surprisingly well with the aquatic aromas of the SV 70th Anniversary. Progress (5/4/3) was perfect with Nacet (2) and SOC Mistura my friends, it is an indescribable brush…

To accompany me on this journey towards Paradise, I invited my old friend Dexter.

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️ 🪒

F434CF07-5DE5-4C7C-8133-F734F571CDE1.jpeg
A292D670-9D49-439B-A5E6-E1D6ACF0EDA5.jpeg

SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays!
Vintage April
1st Day of April GRUME 🍻
Q1 of GRUYERE completed
Still on track with 365 Shaves
Whew!

PXL_20230401_134453422.jpg

Schick Krona with Q Shave blade, Semogue 830 and SV Manna Di Sicilia

Yesterday Kathy and I did some yard work and started our new herb garden. Potatoes and onions are in the ground and tomatoes and peppers will be soon. (We discovered the Mediterranean Diet a couple months ago) The LSU ladies basketball team advanced to the March Madness Championship Game.
Today our granddaughter has a couple of her paintings on display at a local art gallery and more men's March Madness games tonight. Oh yeah, I gotta mow the yard later this afternoon. We're cooking falafels and rice for supper. Whew!

🥂 to the start of a new month!

SOTD APRIL 1st
April 2023 GRUME
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends

Today the birthday present that my beloved wife gave me arrived: MdC Fougere. To debut it, I put together a dream team: R41, Feather (2), SOC Finest and Brut. Accompanying me in this dream, perhaps the best piece of music ever recorded: Stella by Starlight with Miles, Coltrane, Bill Evans, Cannonball Adderley, Paul Chambers and Jimmy Cobb.

My friends, at the moment of my death I will remember this afternoon and smile.

Have a great Sunday and wonderful shaves.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

ABA9039B-74F4-4006-9BB9-8BE63755114D.jpeg
DF585BF0-C37D-454B-BBC5-93AEFF5D8D50.jpeg

Semogue and SV Saturdays!

PXL_20230310_232327579.MPb.jpeg

Merkur 34C with Astra SS (4), SV 70th Anniversary and Semogue 830

Good Day Gents
Today's quartet produced an enjoyable DFS+ finish. The 830 is my favorite Semogue brush. It is nice to use SV on Saturdays. I was late to the game acquiring the 34C. Many of us with a history of RAD get this razor in the early stages of our acquisition disorder. With that said, it is an excellent razor that deserves respect due to it's good design.

SOTD APRIL 8
April 2023 GRUME
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends

This Saturday started strange by our standards. Cloudy, no sun...

After 3 days without shaving, I decided to be happy: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary, Perma Sharp (1), Semogue SOC Boar and Ach Brito Atlântico, which combined beautifully with the SV 70th, especially for its aquatic aromas. Green Cult 2.0 was stupendous.

To accompany I invited Johnny Hartman.

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
Cheers!
❤️🪒

5C5933BE-E0B9-4E52-8FCC-B53756FED4D2.jpeg
D4C9AF9B-AFE9-4F9D-89F4-961F208AFB6A.jpeg

Top Bottom