What's new

Semogue Owners Club - Handle Finish Gloss

Hello everyone.

I remember when I was drooling over a cherry owners club, all the images showed a gloriously sweet looking soft gloss finish. After receiving mine last year, I found it was unfinished and was disappointed. Having been using it however, I'm noticing all the parts of the handle that get lots of hand contact are glossing up very nicely! Is there any kind of oil I can use to make it look more uniform and even? I can only assume the gloss is coming from the oil in my hands. As can be seen in the photo, the widest part of the handle is glossy and the part just under the metal ring is not quite there. The indentation just below there is bare wood, just like the rest of the brush was as received. Any advice would be much appreciated!

IMG_0101.jpeg

That looks pretty good but not quite the gloss I’ve seen in well-used brushes. Just have to keep using it I guess!
If you wanted more gloss you could go into home depo and get floor wax from SC Johnson. That WILL put a gloss on it, it’s wood so I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. They also have rub on polyurethane and that will definitely do the trick. The rub on stuff works great and have used it for a railing I installed on a condo I previously lived at. Help isn’t too far away at your local Home Depot.
Larry

Last edited:
If you wanted more gloss you could go into home depo and get floor wax from SC Johnson. That WILL put a gloss on it, it’s wood so I can’t see why it wouldn’t work. They also have rub on polyurethane and that will definitely do the trick. The rub on stuff works great and have used it for a railing I installed on a condo I previously lived at. Help isn’t too far away at your local Home Depot.
Larry

Thanks for the detailed info Larry. I'm not really the wood-finishing type so am a bit nervous to try this. I will head to my local HD later and check your suggestions though. Thanks again!

Top Bottom