What's new

Semogue Galahad C3 (Cerda Premium)

A while back I ordered this brush from one of the sites in Portugal. I’ve had a chance to lather with it a dozen or so times now. I own around ten Semogue boar brushes - along with a mistura and several badger - and I like every one of them. I could make the case that the SOC is the best of the boars, but this one might be my favorite.

I will say it’s taking a while for the ends to split. I didn’t do the refrigerated soak. I’m just using it. And some of my Semogue boars have broken in quicker. I’m not particular about the bristle grade.

I think what I like best about this brush is the handle. Its weight. The material. Even the color. It feels just right in the hand. It creates lather just fine, and even though the tips are only beginning to split, it’s soft on the face.

I’m hoping Semogue produces more 22/55 lofted boars with resin handles. I’ve been looking at the Torga, but I’m really not drawn to the handle shape. Perhaps something in blue...
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That brush reminds me of my Semogue 1250, but slightly denser knot with a resin handle. The 1250 is a favorite, so I bet I would like that one, too. Very nice.

I have the 1250 as well. Similar dimension knot to the Galahad, but my Galahad does have a more densely packed knot than my 1250. Similar performance between both brushes, though the Galahad is scrubbier. There’s something about the red resin handle of the Galahad C3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm big into Semogue brushes. This one was appealing, but only the handle. The knot just seems too small for me. Then it seems I missed the boat making a purchase. Yours looks fantastic. Enjoy.

Top Bottom