What's new

Semogue Caravela - LE to the Extreme

Actually, one of the forums is Spanish (foroafeitado.com) and the other is Portuguese (barbearclassico.com). This was a limited edition, specially made for both the Iberian forums.

You may want to scratch that and replace with "specially made for those with the money to buy it"!
I know Leon is running a business, and I wish him all the best in that, but he could limit the sale to people who actually sign up for one of the BC or FA forums (The ones written in the base!).
At least something like :
Hello, I'm X from Y and I'm just here so I could buy the Caravela brush!

Simple and honest, and that way it would still be a BC&FA brush!

I have a Grosvenor too, and it's not even close to this. Let's see why:

The Grosvenor is a mixture of boar bristles and only about 10%-15% of pure badger bristles. Low density, a little bit scratchy, but a good brush for the price, IMHO.

The Semogue Caravela is a mixture of 50% boar bristles (Premium 90% tops, like in the 1305 and 830 models) and 50% Finest Badger hair (like in the SOC 2-band model). Soft tips, very dense, 24mm knot, a huge amount of backbone. It is not the exclusivity... it is indeed a much more better, nicer brush than the Grosvenor model.

Don't get me wrong - it looks like a great brush, and I'm sure it performs well. I mentioned the Grosvenor because some people hadn't heard of a mixed badger/boar brush.

As for the exclusivity, I would be just as interested in this brush if it were a regular production model.

Don't get me wrong - it looks like a great brush, and I'm sure it performs well. I mentioned the Grosvenor because some people hadn't heard of a mixed badger/boar brush.

As for the exclusivity, I would be just as interested in this brush if it were a regular production model.

Maybe in the future... who knows? Perhaps Semogue's cooking something like that for the future.

...and apparently I can resist anything but temptation. One on the way.

I have one on the way as well. I haven't bought a brush in a long time and really thought SBAD was dead. I was just too curious especially given the use of the 2-band finest badger hair combined with the grade of boar I really like.

Really only thought I'd be holding out for the Thater 2-band when they are released, but this was too tempting.

I have one on the way as well. I haven't bought a brush in a long time and really thought SBAD was dead. I was just too curious especially given the use of the 2-band finest badger hair combined with the grade of boar I really like.

Really only thought I'd be holding out for the Thater 2-band when they are released, but this was too tempting.

Right, I was never all that interested in a mixed brush until it was marketed as premium. If it's a cheapo brush, it may as well be all boar. But this is a premium mixed brush. That's intriguing.

Ahem... I said "I'm INTRIGUED"...

(wait for it...)

I would say my feelings mirror yours, been a long time since i was even tempted. The size of it puts it right in my wheelhouse for using with the scuttle during winter months and it really is an attractive bugger. Order placed.

Ian

Oh my, it must be the hot weather overhere as I just ordered one too. Very attractive brush! And my first new brush in, say 10 years. And I still want a best badger medium size simpsons...

Oh my, it must be the hot weather overhere as I just ordered one too. Very attractive brush! And my first new brush in, say 10 years. And I still want a best badger medium size simpsons...

Simpson's best grade of hair is IMHO their "best". You won't be disappointed in one.

...and apparently I can resist anything but temptation. One on the way.

I really shouldn't have checked this thread again... I couldn't resist temptation either. After receiving my SOC 2 band and being so impressed I couldn't resist very long after finding out about these. I also have a bottle of Floid on the way, excited to try out both.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Right, I was never all that interested in a mixed brush until it was marketed as premium. If it's a cheapo brush, it may as well be all boar. But this is a premium mixed brush. That's intriguing.

Ahem... I said "I'm INTRIGUED"...

(wait for it...)

The brush is intriguing. But you are not "Intrigued"! I am Intrigued! :angry:

You can be "Curious", or "Oddly Curious", or just plain "Odd". :idea:

On second thought maybe you should stick with JPDyson. :001_tongu

*edit* Darn, now I think we need to call you "The Bad Influence" 'cause I just ordered one. :blushing:

Last edited:
Moderator, oh, moderator! I need to call your attention to the seemingly never-ending stream of SAD (Semogue Acquisition Disorder) postings. These postings are becoming extremely harmful to my dwindling bank account. I, too, submitted to this terrible affliction and ordered one of these.

But you are not "Intrigued"! I am Intrigued! :angry
*edit* Darn, now I think we need to call you "The Bad Influence" 'cause I just ordered one. :blushing:

My original plan worked flawlessly. If the unintended consequence was that you bought a neat brush, hey - all the better.

Yup, my work here is done (until the "First Impressions" thread starts :lol:).

Top Bottom