What's new

Semogue believers? Boar brush opinions.

I had a semogue 1305 and the knot came loose after about 2 months but contacted Maggert and they replaced it for free. Just need to break the new brush in. I was very happy with it until the knot became looose. Maggert great company to deal with.

You might not do much better than that Omega 11126. I have used that brush for years and it always ranks in the top five of the herd. Usually in the 1-3 range

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Chalk me up as a Semogue believer! Best value in brushes, IMHO. My favorite is the 2000. Awesome big barber knot, and a great handle to boot. It particularly suits my preference for mug lathering.

I just ordered my first Semogue.....lol-!!!! From what I've heard it was an outstanding Boar which is what I wanted- now after I've ordered it I see people ditched it for something else lmao!!!! NOW ya come out of the woodwork :lol:

I have a 610 for about two years and the 1305 for one year. My memory is they took about 10-12 shaves to break in well. I enjoy both, I prefer the 1305 because the Semogues seem to 'splay out' more than an Omega I have so I like having the extra loft on the 1305 because it feels like it gives some extra support to the top of the bristles which fan out (if that makes any sense). I've had the Omega 81064 for six years now and it is a workhorse and continues to be in my regular 3-4 brush rotation (as is the 1305). The Omega seems to spread out less than the Semogues.

Top Bottom