What's new

Semogue 2020 TSN limited edition

After further investigation, I concur that the hairs causing the issue are upside down. I have plucked out a few. Going to use the 48 hour soak trick after I get them all to speed up the breakin, this thing needs it!

This is a brush organized by a different forum, so why not go there and find the info you need.

Thanks. I am not an active member in any other shaving forum. This is why I posted the request right here.

I apologize in case the request was inappropriate.

Thanks. I am not an active member in any other shaving forum. This is why I posted the request right here.

I apologize in case the request was inappropriate.

Why should your question be inappropriate?

proxy.php

The Semogue is just as fantastic as the limited two-band Semogue from 2016.
For a 3 - Band, it still has as much backbone as the 2016 Semogue.
I have used this brush fifteen times now and I am thrilled. The knot has a beautiful firmness and very soft tips.

Yep, it's excellent!
More dense than the Torga C5 Silvertip and it has even more backbone than the 2-band SOC Finest Badger (Taj Resin) while noticeably softer at the tips.
The ergonomic handle is long enough to make it great for working with bowls as well as on the face and especially the knot is pure joy and very efficient while non-drippy when building the lather on the skin, which is what I do. It's a wonderful thing! Here's mine:

210102_13752-Semogue_TSN2020_front.jpg

210102_13752-Semogue_TSN2020_rear.jpg

Last edited:
VerbaVolent:

Oh pooh, you're just being catty. (lol!) The brush is made by Semogue, commisioned by BG. Anyone could by one from BG or Vintage scent and the badger is still available.

Maybe B&B members should get a LE from Semogue, Simpson, Zentih, ??? going, eh?
I have a small collection of Semogue brushes and would support this family business every time they get something new on the market. In my opinion, that brush is the best looking brush they ever made, as I have a soft spot for tortoise handles.
I read everything I could find about it and I was anxious to see more pictures. Thank you @blexa and @drydown for the outstanding photographs.
It is just surprising to see another member of this forum inviting the rest of us to ask questions someplace else. And I will leave it here.
Your suggestion that B&B should get a similar LE brush is brilliant. This would be the only opportunity for me to acquire such brush during my sabbatical year. I can only dream...

In my opinion, that brush is the best looking brush they ever made, as I have a soft spot for tortoise handles.

It is just surprising to see another member of this forum inviting the rest of us to ask questions someplace else. And I will leave it here.

From a tortoise fan to another, yes sir it is a lovely brush for sure. A B&B LE would be welcome. Do you have a preferred handle shape or two? Just curious.

I understand your reply, my mistake. My daughter reminds me often to pay attention to context! LOL!

I would be happy with anything B&B membership decides. Some of my favorite shapes are octogonal and Commodore. With a chromed or stainless ferrule.
The Semogue 2020 LE pictured here has a tapered end which is perfect for bowl lathering.

BG still has boar and badger available....at least that was the case 30 seconds ago.

And for those of us in Europe, vintagescent has a few of the badger available.

I have a small collection of Semogue brushes and would support this family business every time they get something new on the market. In my opinion, that brush is the best looking brush they ever made, as I have a soft spot for tortoise handles.
I read everything I could find about it and I was anxious to see more pictures.

Well, then ...

210103_13775_Semogue_TSN2020_bottom.jpg

:biggrin1:

I have the boar version. It's breaking in nicely but has a ways to go to be fully broken in. Compared to the SOC, it's a little shorter with more backbone and stiffer so far. I am happy.

I have the boar version. It's breaking in nicely but has a ways to go to be fully broken in. Compared to the SOC, it's a little shorter with more backbone and stiffer so far. I am happy.
Is this the same hair as in the SOC boar? Just curious.

Is this the same hair as in the SOC boar? Just curious.

No, it’s the same boar hair used in their 2018 TSN LE, but different from the SOC.
It’s supposed to be harder to find, with only limited stock available, which is why they can’t use it in a regular brush edition, like the SOC.

That's correct, different than the SOC hair. Same handle type. If the SOC is floppy for you this is a good alternative. I like this brush and the SOC both.

Top Bottom