What's new

Semogue 2015 Silvertip Badger vs Semogue Owners Club 2 Band

Hi

I'm new to DE and I wanted to buy a shaving brush but I would like your input to help me decide.

I'm depating between the Semogue 2015 and the Semogue Owners Club 2 Band.

I was going for the 2015 but when I was looking around I looked at the owners club and I'm wondering if the extra 20€
is worth it.

Thanks

Go for the SOC 2Band. You get a bigger knot. Initially it is scrubby but turned soft after about 10 bowl/palm lathers to break in. It Screams Quality and best bang for your buck SB. Also lathers anything you throw at it and best price is at VScent excluding VAT.

I got the 2015HD and both versions of the SOC 2-band :blushing: and can only agree with with Balj86; The SOC is definitely worth the extra money.

The SOC is a slightly larger brush and the knot is very densely packed.
Both my SOC's have some nice soft tips comparable with several of my Silvertips and even outperforming some of the high end brands in this area as well, for example my PJ2 in Super and my Shavemac D01.

And a photo to show the difference :001_smile

Attachments

• $SOC-2015HD.jpg
    $SOC-2015HD.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,088
And now should I put another 20 € and get the Semogue Limited Edition 2011? I guess after a while the extra money doesn't give you more for your buck...
Am I right?
Thanks

And now should I put another 20 € and get the Semogue Limited Edition 2011? I guess after a while the extra money doesn't give you more for your buck...
Am I right?
Thanks

I would say no - but of course it depends on your preference.
The SOC 2-band has softer tips than the LE (which I prefer) and they are almost, if not, identical in density.
I think the SOC 2-band is the best buy.

The 2015 was my first silvertip brush and I still use it occasionally. By B&B standards, it would be considered a bit "floppy"...by my own standards, I have to admit it is a less versatile brush than the SOC badger.

I shied away from the LE badgers due to reports of them being kinda scritchy. There is a hint of scritch with the SOC but it's not too bad.

Instead of buying the LE I would just go for the matching pair of SOC brushes in badger and boar. The boar brush is one of the best boars on the market, IMHO. Having two brushes will also let you rotate your brushes so they can fully dry out.

thank you all for your answers

Having two brushes will also let you rotate your brushes so they can fully dry out.

Is this something that is important and that I should make sure they are dry ? or is this to make sure the brush will last longer?

Thanks

thank you all for your answers

Is this something that is important and that I should make sure they are dry ? or is this to make sure the brush will last longer?

Thanks

A little bit of both. You can use 1 every day if you like...especially if it's badger. Boars need drying time to really "break in". I had 1 badger brush for 5 years prior to joining B&B and it served me just fine. You will notice a difference in performance between a badger and boar...for instance, I find I like my boar more for hard soaps, and my badgers for soft soaps and creams. Of course this is just my opinion.

The SOC boar is a great brush for the price on vintagescent.com. I don't know where you live but it was $28 otd shipped to Florida from Portugal. My next brush purchase may very well be a SOC 2band badger. Good Luck. Enjoy the ride~

A little bit of both. You can use 1 every day if you like...especially if it's badger. Boars need drying time to really "break in". I had 1 badger brush for 5 years prior to joining B&B and it served me just fine. You will notice a difference in performance between a badger and boar...for instance, I find I like my boar more for hard soaps, and my badgers for soft soaps and creams. Of course this is just my opinion.

The SOC boar is a great brush for the price on vintagescent.com. I don't know where you live but it was $28 otd shipped to Florida from Portugal. My next brush purchase may very well be a SOC 2band badger. Good Luck. Enjoy the ride~

There ya go! Less than 4 days after this post, I placed the order for the 2 Band...now, I wait and search for info and pics lol

There ya go! Less than 4 days after this post, I placed the order for the 2 Band...now, I wait and search for info and pics lol

BOY OH BOY am I glad I did!!! It arrived Friday before I left town, and I couldn't be happier. My BAD is cured...

For now.

Top Bottom