What's new

Semogue 1800 vs 1305

Sean, I have a 1520 which is the wooden handled version of the 620. After breaking it in I have found that while it has softened some it still has kept it's backbone and is a great facelatherer. It facelathers my creams really well too. I would go with the 620. 830 will end up being a little floppy and soft like a 1305, which I also own. It's a great brush, just not a super facelatherer once it's broke in.

Clayton

As one who is new to boar brushes and Semogue specifically, I would like to thank the posters for all comments on this thread. It is very helpful.

No problem. I'm glad it helped out b/c it gives a lookout on Semogues with different options. Its another reason for this thread where its hard to find one thread with different comparisons where as, you will only see threads about just one particular semogue. Instead discussing about the one particular model there are recommendations for other models. I'm not trying to put down anyone b/c everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I just got lucky with this thread and got the popular semogue models under comparison here!

Bali86, as a suggestion, your Semogue Table Would make a great addition to the Ultimate Brush Chronicle #4 Semogue 1305 or posted in the Wiki, my two cents.:biggrin1:

Mftoms59, it would be my pleasure to add this to the Ultimate Brush Chronicle #4. By doing so, do I copy the thread link in the quick reply section for Brush Chronicle #4?

What a great chart!! perfect thread considering I need another brush alongside my 1305.

Might just throw a dart on the chart or drop the model numbers in a hat! :001_tt2:

Mftoms59, it would be my pleasure to add this to the Ultimate Brush Chronicle #4. By doing so, do I copy the thread link in the quick reply section for Brush Chronicle #4?

I'm not that computer savvy, but you could give it a try

Thanks Soren for the chart. That is very helpful.
Thanks to Sean and Clayton, I had the same question as Sean...
Great info.

This is very interesting. I just got my 1305 in the mail today, and I may try it with tomorrow's shave. Søren, your review with the pictures did a good job of giving me an idea what to expect.

(And I'm really proud of figuring out how to spell your name on my keyboard on the very first try, Søren!)

I currently use a VDH boar brush, but my 1305 should be here this week. I'm anxious to get another Semogue to compare the two.

This is very interesting. I just got my 1305 in the mail today, and I may try it with tomorrow's shave. Søren, your review with the pictures did a good job of giving me an idea what to expect.

(And I'm really proud of figuring out how to spell your name on my keyboard on the very first try, Søren!)

Please tell for those of us that don't know, how did you do that?

Please tell for those of us that don't know, how did you do that?

If you're using windows, then from the start menu/accessories/system tools/ folder you can find the character map. That program will let you copy and paste just about any character you can think of and, in the case of some characters, like ø, will show you the keystrokes needed.

ø = hold alt, enter 0248 on your keypad.

Definitely useful for currency symbols.

Nice :biggrin1:

I am however quite used to see my name spelled in different ways - and I'm OK with that, after all it is only Denmark and Norway which has that letter in their alphabet.
Now the next thing is to pronounce it right :wink:

If you're on a Mac, it's ridiculously simple: OPTION+ = ø.

On an iPhone, as I am right now, press and hold the O key, then select the variant of O you want from the pop-up (ô, ö, œ, ø, and others).

I'm a high-school German teacher in Virginia, so I've had to figure this stuff out over the years. Windows is a very frustrating OS to use if you need to use alternative characters. Mac OS has it built into the keyboard in all programs.

Ok, I'll try it from my mac... Thanks to Søren, oversaturn, and Marco for all of the info that led me to getting an 1800.
For the record, it was option o that gave me the correct character...

What would be the best brush if money no object for face lather? Best softness and good enough backbone.

Also I read about the problem with wood handles. If possible I would rather touch this.

Thanks

What would be the best brush if money no object for face lather? Best softness and good enough backbone.

Also I read about the problem with wood handles. If possible I would rather touch this.

Thanks

From research so far (due to upcoming sale from vintagescent):830

Top Bottom