What's new

Semogue 1305

So after my exile from wet shaving, I dug out my Semogue 1305 and some Proraso Blue... I've had it for several years and thought I would have forgotten how to use it after three years of being off the reservation. Nope, it lathered just like I remembered. Since I have had a beard since the summer of 2015, I only needed to shave my neck. One pass with a touch up here and there got me feeling fresh and clean. Who else has a Semogue 1305 and loves it?

Absolutely wonderful brush. Great size and loft. Lathers like a champ. Just scrubby enough. Super splay. And it’s cheap. Oh yes, and so retro-cool too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So after my exile from wet shaving, I dug out my Semogue 1305 and some Proraso Blue... I've had it for several years and thought I would have forgotten how to use it after three years of being off the reservation. Nope, it lathered just like I remembered. Since I have had a beard since the summer of 2015, I only needed to shave my neck. One pass with a touch up here and there got me feeling fresh and clean. Who else has a Semogue 1305 and loves it?

Welcome back to the fold! I don't have a 1305 (yet). I love boar brushes and have several, including Semogues. It's posts like yours that makes my 'BAD' kick in though. :thumbsup:

My 1305 was one of my first brushes and now, years later, it is still one of my favorites. I go back and forth as to whether I like it more than my SOC (which i think is kind of like a big brother to the 1305), but I think the 1305 remains one of the best deals in shaving.

And while the paint has chipped on mine, that just makes me like the brush more. Like my face, the brush now has some wounds to wear and stories to tell.

M

Member 113878

The Semogue 1800 seems to be identical but the handle is not painted.
Thoughts anyone?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Thoughts anyone?

My thoughts are that a small chip or two adds a bit of character and shows that it's a loved and used piece of your kit.

full

Thoughts anyone?

I do not know precisely why, but I do not believe this is correct. There are some older threads that trace out all the different models, but I think the 1305 is the only one with its particular type of bristles.

Ooh, if I was looking to buy another boar I would totally get that one. I like the shape of the handle. Also the retro colours.
And while the paint has chipped on mine, that just makes me like the brush more. Like my face, the brush now has some wounds to wear and stories to tell.
Are you in the habit of standing it on the handle while wet or on a wet surface?

Enjoying my 1305 for face lathering and combination of backbone and feel. Softer every week without being floppy. Also love the look and feel of painted wood handle.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Thoughts anyone?
I was going to say that the 1800 and 1305 look similar, but have different grade bristles. But you already figured that out. I have an 1800 and love it. I love my 2000 even more. The 2K is a big honkin' barbershop brush that is probably something of an acquired taste, like the Omega Pro48. I've never tried the 1305, but I'm sure its great. I don't think Semogue makes a bad brush. You can't beat Semogue's Old World craftsmanship and great value.

15508785-27C2-4C46-BE4A-65E979246E95.jpeg
I have one for 6 months now and I completely love it. It’s soft, retro and I love way it fans out.
I had an omega brush before this one, which was a bit too big and rough since I only shave my neck. This one has the perfect size handle for me.

Top Bottom