What's new

Semogue 1305 Paint

C05884AE-CE90-4877-B7E1-AB2F2CC8D7ED.jpeg

Here was my solution, had Rudy Vey make me a handle in the same shape and colors and transplanted a 1305 knot.

The best 1305 I ever saw, was years ago when a buddy had RV reknot his wooden one with a RV turned handle. We had some extra Semogue stickers and slapped one on.

It was glorious.

Edit....see above. Sorry @Scott0079 , I didn't see your post :facep: Glad you posted with a pic. Looks like Rudy has done a few of these. Not sure why more don't go that route for this handle.

Last edited:
I have the Semogue 1250 which is a similar size but clear wood finish (I think it's lacquer). There is also the Semogue 1800. Very nice brushes with a more durable finish.

My thinking exactly.

I avoid painted brush handles, Semogue or otherwise, as they have a tendency to chip.
Lacquer wood finish for some reason does not have this tendency, lasts for a long time, and I like the texture and feel of wood anyway.

B.

I had one and dropped it. Had a chip. After a few months of use, the paint started chipping off. Eventually I took off all the paint myself. Used Spar Varnish, now it’s nice and shiny. Gifted it to my 8yr old. It’s now part of his shaving gear.

It's a working tool, not a display piece....it's also painted wood used in a water application.

Let it age naturally, show it's wear and tear, dings and bruises, patina etc. It adds to the iconic wood handle.

People pay good money for forced vintage looking wood items. Why fight it?

Last edited:
It's a working tool, not a display piece....it's also painted wood used in a water application.

Let it age naturally, show it's wear and tear, dings and bruises, patina etc. It adds to the iconic wood handle.

People pay good money for forced vintage looking wood items. Why fight it?
Like a ripped pair of jeans selling for a premium!

Top Bottom