What's new

Semiautomatic holsters

You'll have to judge for yourself. I carried a full-size in a DeSantis, but there are others.

Depending on your belt loops, you can place anywhere between 10 and 11 O'clock.

Again, acquired taste. But easy on the shoulder and when seated.
proxy.php

Looks good. With a sport jacket or coat that looks like a good solution.

Out here with the hot weather, some individuals carry in a messenger bag or backpack. A good friend always has his notebook and pistol with him in a Rothco messenger bag. Another individual carries a nice looking leather bag that has a quick draw function. He carries a tablet as well as his weapons.

My next-door neighbor is an undercover detective. He has been issued a Vertx laptop case that has room for his concealed pistol, knife, mace, three mags, handcuffs, and other essentials.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I also do not like a high ride holster. The one I had made for my glock 43 with the rattle snake inlay rides too high so I don't use it a lot. Also if you have a bit of a spare tire the higher it rides the more it prints. I have started to look for mid and low rise holsters. I like the butt of the gun maybe 2" above my belt. I don't carry long barrel guns concealed so that is not an issue.

Sorry to hear this. That snake skin inlay is gorgeous.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Looks good. With a sport jacket or coat that looks like a good solution.

Just an aside. That is NOT me in the picture. That is DeSantis' holster model, whoever that is.

It might have been me ... about 40 years ago. I wish it were still me.

Mrs. Columbo is a very good cook. Which is why ... among other reasons ... I have graduated to a shoulder rig.

never was a fan of drop holsters. Unless it’s got kydex leg contoured inners to ride on the thigh and cinch it down with the leg strap and a rigid belt mount they tend to flop and/or slide around on the leg. Wore for any amount of time, the leg strap will annoy, chafe, bind.

there are simply better belt line options.

Thanks guys. That was a lot of great information. I did get the Black Scorpion Competition holster and it's solved most of the problems (and created another one!). It sits lower and I've adjusted it so it slants back. My hand hits the grip naturally and it works well. The only negative is that it stick out further away from my waist and I can hit things (like door knobs) if I'm not careful. I also ordered a thigh holster but that hasn't arrived yet. If I were carrying concealed, I would also check out the crossdraw holsters.

Top Bottom