What's new

Semi-Slant and Grande OC

A few days ago I received my new razors.
A Parker Semi-Slant and a Fatip Grande OC.
I wanted something aggressive, but not too aggressive, just a bit milder than R41.

Now I have tried them both and I am very satisfied with them.
I tried them both with Astra SS and Arko Shave Stick and Muhle boar brush.

Parker Semi was not as aggressive as I thought it would be, but very efficient.
The handle has a superb grip even with wet and soapy fingers.
This is my very first slant and it took a few strokes before I found the right angle, and then it was a walk in the park.
Three passes, wtg, xtg and just a light atg for the final touch 😉

Today I tried the Fatip Grande and after reading about alignment issues and imperfect plating I think I received a perfect specimen 😉
The blade alignment was spot on and the razor was more aggressive than the Parker, but not as aggressive as the R41.
The razor was heavier than I expected and was very comfortable.
It was very easy to find the right angle and the razor felt very intuitive to use.
As with the Parker it was a three pass shave, wtg, xtg and just a lighter atg for the final touch.

Both razors was very comfortable and I got no nicks, cuts or irritation at all.
IMG_20200702_152440.jpgIMG_20200702_152504.jpg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Great reviews. The Parker was less aggressive but how did they stack up in efficiency?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
The Parker is a good razor. I had one for a while out of curiousity; my son has it now.

For a first slant it's not a bad choice: fairly mild yet efficient, fairly forgiving.

O.H.

The Parker Slant is a great bargain for 30.00.No razor for that price equals it in efficiency and smoothness.Parker razors are pretty good across the board YMMV!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom