What's new

Semi aggressive open comb options Ikon b1 or Muhle r41

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Both are very good efficient razors. Of these two, I lean toward the Ikon.

The Game Changer .84 OC and JAWS are certainly worthy of consideration.

My personal first choice is the FaTip Grande and Piccolo SE OC. Stylish, aggressive, efficient and Italian! :)

The jaws, fatip, and r41 are all great shaving, very efficient razors. I have used all of them recently.

I use the jaws the most because I find it works with a wide window of angles (less fickle than the r41 and fatip). It’s also a nice slender design for shaving under the nose.

Has it been discontinued?
The name "Jaws" can be confusing because Razorock used it for a several different razors over the years.

Jaws v1 was based on a Pearl OC head with RR handle. Jaws v2 was based on a Parker 26c OC head with RR handle. The Gamechanger OC has superceded the earler Jaws, I believe.

The Fatip OC razors are all-brass and very reasonably priced.

A lot has been written about the various OC options out there and people's experiences with them. Here is an older post (pre-Gamechanger) but there are many other posts in the archives.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Anyone have experience with either? Or other options I should look at?
I have used both the ikon b1, and r41 pre and post nerf.

of these i far and away prefer the ikon. the r41 was very uncofortable. the ikon can get me just as smooth as the r41 and it's much nicer to get there. as always ymmv!

MMMmmm, you just missed some good sales this weekend. I have used and own all of the razors mentioned above and all are good. One not mentioned: Schone, $21 bargain and the best shaver!

Top Bottom