What's new

Selling to the telephone salesman!

People have allways told me that I am persuasive, but last week I exceeded myself:

The phone rang, a young man introduced himself and said he was conductiong a survey about shaving. I replied that I was willing to answer his questions, but stranded at the first one when he asked what sort of razor I used (I answered Merkur). It turned out NOT to be a survey, that was just part of the sales pitch, he was actually trying to sell me some sort of disposable razor, that would be delivered a few at a time through the post every month. After I had described the Merkur 34 to him he asked if I was pleased with the shave I got, "Very pleased" was my answer. He then got VERY interested in the whole concept of shaving with a DE razor, admitted that the razors he was selling were "Rubbish" (he had tried them), noted the nettside that I buy from in Norway and wished me a pleasent evening.

Another convert to DE shaving?

classic...and dare I say that this story could turn into one of those internet urban legends. "Dear B&B, I never thought this would happen to me...":wink:

I never get calls like that. I always get credit card cash advances for my business or pitches for telephone savings. :mad:

Top Bottom