What's new

Selling on BST and shipping questions

Hi,

I recently sold my first razor on the BST, and decided to ship via USPS. So I went to my local post office and used the automated system. The only options were flat rate and the prices were all $4.95. Is there anyway to ship in a cheaper manner, since I decided to absorb the costs of shipping? For example, by weight, like when you purchase from WCS, where you can choose an option base don weight? Thanks.

Sure -- go to the counter and mail it first class. As long as it's under 12 ounces it should be cheaper than the flat rate quoted by the P.O.'s convenient gouging machine. :biggrin:

Helpful suggestions in this thread, as well.

Ah, thank you. I was also trying to find the thread you listed, but forgot where it was located, the name etc. Also, Is it possible to use a priority mail box and ship first class? Thanks again!

Ah, thank you. I was also trying to find the thread you listed, but forgot where it was located, the name etc. Also, Is it possible to use a priority mail box and ship first class? Thanks again!

They don't like that. Just turn the box inside out.

I use the APC (Automated Postal Center) machine at my local post office and it gives me all sorts of options for delivery method. I put the package on the integrated scale, punch in the zip code and it gives me the prices for Express Mail, Priority Mail, First Class, and Parcel Post.

I used First Class to mail out all the razors I recently sold and had not one problem. I used First Class International for the overseas stuff and no problems there either.

I use the APC (Automated Postal Center) machine at my local post office and it gives me all sorts of options for delivery method. I put the package on the integrated scale, punch in the zip code and it gives me the prices for Express Mail, Priority Mail, First Class, and Parcel Post.

I used First Class to mail out all the razors I recently sold and had not one problem. I used First Class International for the overseas stuff and no problems there either.

hmm, I'm pretty sure there was no listing for it, when I went through all the options. Al it had was Express, Priority, and Priority- Flat rate. But I'll definitely check more thoroughly next time, thanks.

hmm, I'm pretty sure there was no listing for it, when I went through all the options. Al it had was Express, Priority, and Priority- Flat rate. But I'll definitely check more thoroughly next time, thanks.

If the package weighed more than 13 ounces, or was oversized, first class may not be an option, but a razor shouldn't be either of those. Good luck!

When working through the various menus on the USPS automated machines, one of the screens asks if your package is a Priority box and shows several examples of Priority boxes. If you select yes, then your only shipping options will be Priority. If you select no, then you will have all the options, first class, parcel, etc ... regardless of weight.

Last edited:
When working through the various menus on the USPS automated machines, one of the screens asks if your package is Priority and shows several examples of Priority boxes. If you select yes, then your only shipping options will be Priority. If you select no, then you will have all the options, first class, parcel, etc ... regardless of weight.

that's a possibility, but I believe it only had Express or priority with no other options. not 100 percent certain though

You can actually do it online also! either priority or first class. Print the postage on you printer, cut it out and off it goes:biggrin: Just don't tape over the bar code on priority.

You can actually do it online also! either priority or first class. Print the postage on you printer, cut it out and off it goes:biggrin: Just don't tape over the bar code on priority.

This is by far the best way to go! Of course you will need to have a scale at home so you can enter the correct weight.

Top Bottom