What's new

Selling JNAT: Kiita, Karasu, Asagi...

Hello to everyone,
Since I have too many JNATs I would like to pass on these gems from my collection.
Some premises:
  • I ship from Italy – shipping cost depends upon the location of destination.
  • All evaluations (speed, hardness etc.) are subjective and based on my comparison with other JNATs in my collection.
  • If you want more details on a specific stone, I will make sure to answer any questions.

Japanese Natural Whetstone Kiita/Karasu – double sided:
Handheld size Karasu.
This is a beautiful stone, with whom I was able to produce comfortable shaving edges on my kamisoris. The stone can be used on both sides (KIITA/phantom Karasu and Karasu) BUT I recently lacquered it on the Karasu-side as I almost always used the kiita side anyway. I guess you can simply lap or dissolve the lacquer on the karasu side and use this side as well.
This stone cuts fast and produces a silky textured slurry.

Size: 15,5x7,5cm
Weight: 300g
Speed: fast
Hardness: 5-
Price: 95€ + shipping from Italy

IMG_20180201_171806747.jpg

DSC_2052.JPG

DSC_2054.JPG

DSC_2056.JPG

Japanese Natural Whetstone Honyama Kiita:
Handheld size -stone. This is a worker, with whom I was able to produce many sharp, comfortable edges on my straight razors. This rock produces a fine orange, milky slurry. Very comfortable to hone with. This is a perfect beginner JNAT for those who want to venture into the fantastic world of Japanese natural stones and do not want to spend a fortune.

Size: 14,3 x 7,8cm
Weight: 266g
Speed: medium/fast
Hardness: 4,5
Price: 70€ + shipping from Italy

DSC_2028.JPG

DSC_2029.JPG

DSC_2030.JPG

DSC_2032.JPG

DSC_2035.JPG

Japanese Natural Whetstone Honyama Kiita Renge:
This is a weird one. The stone cuts fast but has quite some impurities and a cut within the stone. This would be perfect for beginners and/or for making naguras! The slurry cuts fast and is very enjoyable to hone with. Strong, yellow pasty slurry.
Size: 17,5 x 15cm
Weight: 750g
Hardness: 4+
Price: 45€ + shipping from Italy

DSC_2059.JPG

DSC_2061.JPG

DSC_2060.JPG

DSC_2064.JPG

DSC_2066.JPG

Japanese Natural Whetstone Kiita Nashiji from 1990
This is a great little piece of fade dark Kiita JNAT with beautiful nashiji-pattern (pearskin). It was sold to me as a LV5 stone from the 1990. The stone cuts fast and is clean. This JNAT is reliable, performs solidly and leaves a hazy-mirror edge. It produces a yellow slurry and gives a milky honing feeling.
Size: 14,7x8,5cm
Weight: 304g
Hardness: 4/5
Price: 70€ + shipping from Italy
DSC_2018.JPG

DSC_2019.JPG

DSC_2020.JPG

DSC_2023.JPG

DSC_2025.JPG

Japanese Natural Whetstone Nakayama Maruichi Asagi Tomae
This is a thick, rectangular wonderful stone. It was sold to me as a Nakayma Maruichi Asagi Tomae LV5 many years ago (I don’t know if this is true). The stone cuts fast and is perfectly clean with no impurities what so ever. This JNAT is very reliable and leaves a mirror edge. It produces an olive-colored thick slurry that is a joy to play with.
Size: 13,4cm x 8,3cm
Weight: 640g
Hardness: 4/5
Price: 130€ + shipping from Italy
DSC_2039.JPG

DSC_2009.JPG

DSC_2011.JPG

DSC_2013.JPG

DSC_2043.JPG

DSC_2042.JPG

DSC_2045.JPG