What's new

Seems Kind of Dry

Morning gents. So for the last 3 days I've been using AoS soap. The problem I'm noticing isn't the lather, or application, it's that it is not as slick as the cream. I get a nice thick lather and am sure to load my brush enough but I notice it just feels "dryer" as I shave and rinse between passes. Has anyone else noticed this in comparison to soaps and creams?
_Ben

If it's the new formulation, they removed the tallow, I've heard not good things about it. That is why the old formula is in high demand. Maybe use a little more water to thin it out some, worth a try.

+1 on using more water, fairly frequently dipping the brush tips in water or putting drops of water in the brush's breech as you apply the lather.

I used a puck of the AOS tallow and just started a puck of the new AOS formulation. I like the new sandalwood smell better. No more clay smell. Besides that, I wish the old formula would come back. I find the new formulation dries out quicker and it doesn't have as much glide. It works pretty good for a super lather with AOS cream.

Top Bottom