What's new

Seems Amazon Didn't Dig My Review

Long story short-
Vendor had an Omega S-Brush advertised for about $10.00 I bought it. Few days later a boar brush shows up in an S-Brush package. I returned it. Still waiting on a refund. So......
Amazon is always wanting you to do a review. I did. It was not favorable. They decided not to post it (not that I particularly care...but) for reasons I cannot figure out. Basically all I said was that I ordered one thing, received another and hence returned it. All I can figure is that they somehow took offense to my saying this sale was "no bueno"? No idea. Here's the story in pictures....guess I won't do any reviews for Amazon in the future.
355EC6AB-0776-48AA-8391-96CBF30B8424.jpeg
380B3A28-1D27-44F4-986A-4397134A79D1.jpeg
CBFFB708-1112-4298-8819-33978F8C9BE6.jpeg

From Amazon's point of view, there was some kind of mistake sending you the wrong product. You didn't review the product, you reviewed their service. If someone leaves a 1-star review because of a mistake, it makes the product look bad, which could be misleading. If they did an exchange with you for the right product, you could review that product and I don't think they would object.

You may have a point...irony is I have had this exact brush (the S-Brush) before. Gave it to my Grandson as a shave toy. Actually it's a decent brush, especially for $10.00
and I liked it well enough to order a replacement. Still may pick up another, just not from that vendor. Misrepresenting a product that blatantly (by careless mistake or otherwise) does not settle well with me.

From Amazon's point of view, there was some kind of mistake sending you the wrong product. You didn't review the product, you reviewed their service. If someone leaves a 1-star review because of a mistake, it makes the product look bad, which could be misleading. If they did an exchange with you for the right product, you could review that product and I don't think they would object.

I don’t know. I’ve seen reviews where customers complain about the service. Usually the review will state that at the beginning - something along the line of, “This review is for the service, not the product” or some such. I’ve definitely seen reviews complaining that an item arrived poorly packed and broken, etc.

No, they have responded. No worries.
Thank you for submitting a customer review on Amazon. After carefully reviewing your submission, your review could not be posted to the website.

Looks like that's the brush that is supposed to be in that box just labeled incorrectly, mistakes happen. But don't know why they would restrict feedback about something being returned since it isn't what you ordered.

So, there are a few things at play here. Was it fulfilled and sold by amazon? Or was it listed on amazon and sold by and fulfilled by a vendor, or even sold by the vendor who’s stock is maintained and orders fulfilled by amazon. These variables create unforeseen issues as it relates to the purchasing experience. Items can be mis labeled on the products themselves, they can be stocked in the wrong areas, they can have items that are sold as sets broken down and shipped as individuals and the other way around. In instances where the merchandise is owned by a vendor but is stored and shipped from a fulfillment center, the vendor themselves may have caused the issue mistakenly.

Amazon does have some guidelines as to what you can provide as far as content in the review but if it is not largely product related, they bump it. If amazon sells and item and 23 other vendors also sell the item on amazon, a complaint about one vendor selling this product doesn’t single out the one vendor and will appear in the reviews for that product regardless of who you are actually buying it from.

I totally get the frustration in this but have been through it so many times I have developed a better understanding. Overall, amazon does a decent job resolving issues that arise. Also, you may wish to see it as a coin toss when things don’t go as planned when buying from them. I ordered and SOC boar and got the badger version but mistake. A $35-$55 error on there part... I kept it and reordered because i wanted the boar. I also have bought a lot of used or retuned items from them. They do an excellent job grading and listing how they qualify the grades for used items.Used books are absolutely insane bargains to buy from amazon. I have an Audubon collection that is damn near perfect that I was paying $1.15 to $3 per book as opposed to $19-$25 a book. I once bought an expensive iron, used but with clearly listed blemishes. It arrived with a dent that wasn’t noted, a quick call to customer service and they refunded the money and said to keep it. A $185 iron I bought for $90 and it was refunded due to a dent that in no way hinders the performance.

getting back on track to the original point, keep the reviews about the product and service related to the product and it should get posted without issue. If the issue is shipping and delivery, or incorrect items, or your experience with the vendor or amazon customer service, it likely won’t be posted. An issue with the manufacturer related to the product, yes, thats relative and good info.

I have returned products and don't think my reviews were removed. I ordered a 4 drawer tool chest on wheels and when it showed up it looked liked it was bounced out of every truck it was on(think Ace Ventura) even the box looked nasty but I opened it anyway. Gave a bad review stating hoe it showed up and that I would not buy from that vendor again. I know it had to have been up for a while because I was still getting those "answer this question" emails from Amazon. I remember answering that I would avoid that tool box that it will likely show up damaged.

On another occasion a couple years ago I ordered a new style lancing device(for those that don't know it is used for poking the finger to draw blood for checking glucose) and of course what I got was the old style which I had. Contacted Amazon and they sent me another, 2 days later the same thing showed up. Again contacted them again and of course they assured me that they were going to make sure 1000% that the correct one would be sent. I couldn't believe the package made it to my door the next day, and I am not close to the shipper. Well I got the same one again for the 3rd time. I requested a refund and gave a 1 star review the product and seller and as far as I know it was never removed. They did finally update the picture and description to the old device.

Used to write reviews religiously on Amazon. First time I wrote a negative one, they zapped it. Reason they gave me made no sense. When I contacted them to discuss, the rep gave this endless circuitous argument, barely letting me get a word in, until I finally hung up. This is one reason, among quite a few, that I always look for alternatives to Amazon from which to buy things.

Long story short-
Vendor had an Omega S-Brush advertised for about $10.00 I bought it. Few days later a boar brush shows up in an S-Brush package. I returned it. Still waiting on a refund. So......
If memory serves me the S-brush is supposed to be a synthetic Boar brush, isn't that what was in the box? I'm looking at the box and brush in your pics and the only difference I see is maybe due to the lighting and the brush handle and hair being a little darker. Are you positive it was an actual real Boar brush inside the box? It looks like the same brush in this stock photo...
1588167996845.png

You will not see "S-Brush" on the handle. Instead it will be "Pura Setola" which means (Pure Bristle) in Italian

You will not see "S-Brush" on the handle. Instead it will be "Pura Setola" which means (Pure Bristle) in Italian
It would seem I missed that...my bad... Maybe you should've pointed that part out in the OP as being the tip off it may have or was the wrong one, or maybe not, or maybe I just should've looked closer to your pics!!

Last edited:
reviews should put emphasis on both the product and service (intentional malice/disregard, lack of clarity, communication, counterfeit etc...).

Interesting. It may not be the vendor. I bought an Omega that also had S-brush on the bar code label, and the print on the handle says Pura Setola. The handle is solid green plastic with a black rim, but at the store I bought mine at, they had the same model that you posted. This is my first such brush, so I have no ideal whether this is boar or faux boar, but it never really had much of a scent.

Sorry, I was trying to look up the models and pictures, but the Omega website seem to think my searches are spam. :)

Top Bottom