What's new

Seeking volunteers for prototype!

We have a prototype for a new item and are ready to hear what you think! The Captain will be shipping out five of them to those lucky souls chosen by random.org.

What is it, you ask? Ah, here you go: Razor Jacket — Captain's Choice - https://www.captainschoicestore.com/all/razor-jacket

There are two requirements before you decide to be "in" on this drawing:

1. You need to have both a thicker head DE razor that is adjustable and a thin profile DE razor (like a two piece or three piece). We need feedback on all types of DE razors and that covers many of them. A slant razor is not going to work with this design.

2. You need to be willing to come back to this thread and share your candid, transparent thoughts about the design and how well it works or does not work. You aren't going to hurt any feelings here. We want to hear it all, the good and the bad. Tell us how to make it better.

This is CONUS only please. This will be open a few days and then the selection will be made. The best part is you get to keep the prototype - what a deal! Not complete without a picture or two.

IMG_4247.jpeg

IMG_4253.jpeg

Could easily test it on (too) many razors from uber thick Vision 2000 ( "that thing is too big, it will never fit inside") to an ultra thin tech and all between.

If I am lucky this time.

It's a wonderful idea and otherwise I'd love to take part. Unfortunately all my razors these days are single edge type. So, respectfully not in.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Not in, but they look awesome! On your fastener, have you toyed around with different types at all? Just wanted to hear your perspective.

Not in, but they look awesome! On your fastener, have you toyed around with different types at all? Just wanted to hear your perspective.

We knew we did not want an actual snap fastening. It is a minor thing but somehow a stud fastener like this has more of a sense of heritage to it than a modern day snap. And the stud is copper which ties in perfectly with the leather.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
We knew we did not want an actual snap fastening. It is a minor thing but somehow a stud fastener like this has more of a sense of heritage to it than a modern day snap. And the stud is copper which ties in perfectly with the leather.
I agree. It definitely fits with the feel of the entire line.

Will they have a felt or leather "button" to cover the metal stud on the inside?

Your prototype shows exposed metal.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Ok stupid question of the day Is this something intended for a travel case or cover? Or for daily use.

Will they have a felt or leather "button" to cover the metal stud on the inside?

Your prototype shows exposed metal.

Actually Mick, that light brown round disk is the self adhesive felt affixed to the head of the screw. That way the razor is protected from contacting the screw.

Here is the flip side to give you a better idea of where that stud is and where the head of the screw is located:

IMG_4275.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok stupid question of the day Is this something intended for a travel case or cover? Or for daily use.

No worries, generally it is used for when you are traveling.

There are several aspects that come into play. You want the razor to dry out but you want the razor protected. You also want to know that as you put it away and take it out that your fingers are not going near the blade. It needs to reflect what our brand is about and a bonus is if it is aesthetically pleasing. So as we worked on this style we had these considerations in mind.

I have never seen the appeal of the cases where you gingerly grab the DE razor by the top and slip the handle into a fitted leather sheath, then snap the top shut.

Top Bottom