What's new

Seeking Vintage MB Ink Bottle Info

Dear 'Inksters'":
Purchased this 'off the bay' (as a collectors item), and haven't been able to get any info about this ink bottle (plastic...kind of thinking early 50's), and am asking for your help in identification.
proxy.php

Vintage MB Ink Bottle -1.jpg
Vintage MB Ink Bottle.jpg
Vintage MB Ink Bottle -2.jpg

Ink Icon.jpg
"Ink is meditation in liquid form. So, don’t think it…...ink it”! CBJ

Last edited:
From what I have read they are bottles that were used in the 80's and in the 90's they switched back to glass. Couldn't really find out more about them

nemo

Cheaper than ink
... haven't been able to get any info about this ink bottle (plastic...kind of thinking early 50's), and am asking for your help in identification.
proxy.php

As above, those are from the eighties.

Nothing quite as convenient and nice as the modern glass "shoe" design bottles, IMO.

Now what you really want to find are the hard rubber traveling ink pots. :ouch1:

proxy.php

I recently contacted MB about my bottles, from 1994, to find out any details about them. I tossed the boxes out shortly after buying them back then. They have contacted me to ask where I was from, so if you contact them, [email protected], include where you live. It's worth a shot.

As above, those are from the eighties.

Nothing quite as convenient and nice as the modern glass "shoe" design bottles, IMO.

Now what you really want to find are the hard rubber traveling ink pots. :ouch1:

proxy.php
Doug:
proxy.php
Awwwwwwww...I want one of those traveling ink pots (but probably won't be able to 'score' one of these
rare gems). :drool:

BTW, I did pick-up a vintage MB Inkwell 'off the bay'. :thumbsup:

MB Inkwell.jpg
MB Inkwell -1.jpg

proxy.php
"[...] There is something elemental about the glide and flow of nib and ink on paper." James Robertson

Last edited:
Last edited:
I know what you mean, I'm hoping to stumble upon one at a garage sale for $3 :a8:
Doug:
Good luck with that (but if you do find one...maybe they have two...one for you...one for me)!
proxy.php

Flea Market.jpg
"My attachment with flea markets is not admiration of the old, but remembering that the most cherished 'finds' are like dear old friends". CBJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom