What's new

Seeking shaving CREAM volunteers!

Nice shave this A.M. with the Henson Razor.
The Eddison blade was Kaput though.:w00t:
The CC Shave Cream did better than Cella in an earlier comparison shave.:thumbup1:
The post shave feel was way better than Cella as well.
Review is posted on the Discovery thread.

Last edited:
I've been using cream exclusively now for the past 5-6 weeks, usually Captain's Choice 2-3 shaves for each Speick shave. Haven't been reporting lately because I'd sound like a broken record. I'm very happy with Captain's Choice, performance is equal to Speick as far as I'm concerned - slickness is similar, postshave feel is generally good and doesn't seem to depend on which cream I chose either. And CC wins on scent for me.

I'm actually starting to get low on Speick, down to maybe 20% of the tube, and am not planning to replace it when I finish it. It's not bad obviously, and I've actually grown to appreciate the scent more over this experiment, I just still like the Captain's more. My next software purchase (when I get low on the CC) will certainly include a CC cream, but that won't be for awhile, as I'm going to start using some soaps again as well, and I have a lot of those. (Not by B&B standards, but I have many months worth at least. 😂) But when I do buy more, I'll probably try one of the other scents for a change - most likely Nor'easter, but maybe bay rum or eucalyptus. I may try Proraso green or red cream at some point, as that's the only cream that's less expensive with scents that interest me, but I expect to always have a CC cream on hand for the foreseeable future if the other scents I mentioned are as good as the sandalwood.

I'm enjoying this product and appreciate the chance to try it, so if there's anything specific I can answer, I certainly will, or I have a sudden revelation as I continue using it, I'll certainly post that too. Otherwise, I'm not sure there's much more for me to say..

Again thanks to Cpatain for this !

So my goal has been a long journey of wanting a fav one or two of razor and blade and soap and a brush nothing more as I only tend to use my fav of anything anyway ! And really just want the ONE fav and maybe a option if its as good and if its not as good then a single will do

Todays shave with my SV 70th I thought OK every shave with the CC cream has been better with all my razors ! And SV has been my fav until I was lucky to win this chance to try !
I had the venture soap but it has never performed as well as the cream ? Not sure whats in the cream that makes it work better for me I kinda thought they would be the same and of course this is a YMMV thing !!!!!

so might have never tried this cream based on I thought it would be just a softer version of the soap ? And if it should be is it my hard water or ?? (Yeah I have to let go sometimes)

But again the CC I can say is now my new #1

SO razor company did have black friday and free shipping on a smaller order
will go direct next time I reckon but $ is tight right now
ordered a Lime as I want to also mix that with the bay rum I got ! Will be curious about this and what ratio :)
And lime on its own !
and the Land Ho because ? Sounds like something I would like
and the Venture as creed is one of my all time fav scents
and I do have the Venture in hard ! And just love the scent and do think this will be my main go to for scent

I am going to go back through all my soaps and compare though as I am that way that I just have to know for sure

Top Bottom