What's new

Seeking info on rare(?) travel set

the case is made of Australian pigskin and contains, what I'm almost 100% sure is, a #66 (correct weight/diamond plate/correct patent no. etc.); 2 x tubes one containing sealed brush and 10 blade dispenser containing C3 blades. Contents are all in NOS/MINT condition, the leather on the case is stiff with some minor wear on one crease and a bit of water damage down part of one side/corner. It was labelled as a 'Gillette Razor Set: 1960's UNUSED' when I picked it up.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

I've already spoken with a number of the 'luminaries of the blade' and have some fundamental information such as there being no evidence of a similar set and there being no evidence of a #66 in a travel set. At first I didn't think it was a Gillette branded set and one suggestion was that it could be a bespoke [corporate?] set; in better light I was able to pick out the Gillette diamond - faded but evident.

[/URL]

I'd really appreciate peoples thoughts on this and any info. (good or bad!), in terms of whether it might be the real deal and an authentic set, or something else.

Thanks,

Shaun.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know theres a 1960 Gillette travel travel case set
proxy.php

WOOW thats an unique and very rare gillette set. such gillette cases are well known. i have a similiar cowhide traveller deluxe set. your bruch is from the same era when the aristocrat was made! therefore i think it is a complete and correct set :001_tt1:

proxy.php

Last edited:
how many old gillette products do you see that are "made in Australia"? this is the first I've seen. And it is certainly the nicest travel set I've seen.

Top Bottom