What's new

See you on the flip side.

On June 1st, I filled the last page in my journal. Putting a blank Seven Seas journal into the B&B leather cover in its place, I started the next installment on June 2nd. I'd written about half a page of my first entry before I noticed something.

You won't see any of my actual writing here, because you're looking at the fly leaf, and the journal begins overleaf. But you still might notice something odd.

Journal installed.jpg

Don't see it? How about now?

Journal.jpg

If you have this, or a similar journal cover, you might have noticed that the double side of the pen loop is supposed to be on the right. I'd installed the notebook correctly, but in my morning haze, flipped the journal over, and started writing back to front. The little badger logo which is supposed to be on the front cover (not visible here), is now upside down on the "back" cover. Of course, I could still flip the notebook around inside the cover, but don't think I will. This appeals to my sense of humor, and I rather like having the single loop on my right.

Doesn't matter too much here. The journal has blank pages, and that printing on the inside back cover is the only printing on it; the covers are very plain. But this is why I generally write in my journal in the evening, not the morning.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
There's a B&B leather notebook cover?! :eek2: With the little badger and everything?! Cool!! Where did you get that? Limited edition run, I gather?

There's a B&B leather notebook cover?! :eek2: With the little badger and everything?! Cool!! Where did you get that? Limited edition run, I gather?

It was a special edition done for B&B by Franklin Christoph some years ago (2013 perhaps?), and included a Franklin Christoph branded A5 size journal. Anyone else recall more precisely? West Coast Shaving got some extras and sold them for a while, again according to my wavering recollection. Not available any longer, of course.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
It was a special edition done for B&B by Franklin Christoph some years ago (2013 perhaps?), and included a Franklin Christoph branded A5 size journal. Anyone else recall more precisely? West Coast Shaving got some extras and sold them for a while, again according to my wavering recollection. Not available any longer, of course.
Thanks. That's pretty cool. I wonder if FC still has the tooling and could run a custom order? I didn't know WCS dabbled in stationary stuff. That's cool too.

BTW, I was amused by your upside notebook situation there. I think my OCD would kick in and I'd flip it over and right the usual way. But no harm, no foul using it upside down.

Thanks. That's pretty cool. I wonder if FC still has the tooling and could run a custom order? I didn't know WCS dabbled in stationary stuff. That's cool too.

BTW, I was amused by your upside notebook situation there. I think my OCD would kick in and I'd flip it over and right the usual way. But no harm, no foul using it upside down.
I might be in on a custom order B&B Cover. It just depends on the cost.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I write in spiral books upside down being left handed.
I did notice the "wheat" penny in the photo?. :)

Top Bottom