What's new

See-All open sights?

Anyone here ever used these sights before, if so what did you think?

I just ordered up one of the tritium lit night sights as they are currently all on sale for 50% off. I'm thinking this will be a good replacement for the crappy plastic "iron" sights that come on the Little Badger once I also replace the plastic top rail, and if I don't like it there I'll give it a go on my Ruger PC9. As a person that doesn't get along well with red dots due to astigmatism I thought this looked like a good option, as they're light, small, compact, and don't require batteries so I think it will potentially compliment either rifle nicely. They also look pretty robust so I don't expect any failures, I think it'll just come down to whether or not I like the reticle and sight picture.

I have several of them, and I like them.

They are a very good solution for those of us with over 40 eyes. They are extremely precise because the aiming triangle is very small. The down side is that they require a quality draw stroke with a pistol, just like a red dot, in order to acquire the sights.

I have one on a 16 inch AR that I bang steel at 300 yards with. It is so easy that it’s boring.

They are not for everyone, but they are simple, rugged, and don’t need batteries.

Glad to hear you like them. Mine are either going on the tiny lightweight single shot .22, or on the 9mm Ruger Carbine. If I really like them I may end up buying a second sight for whichever gun doesn't initially get them.

Did you get the tritium model?

I have both versions.

I think you will be happy with it for your intended purpose.

Try to keep both eyes open and simply overlay the triangle on the target.

some people get bent out of shape about the bottom of the sight obscuring the tar, but it doesn’t matter.

I have both versions.

I think you will be happy with it for your intended purpose.

Try to keep both eyes open and simply overlay the triangle on the target.

some people get bent out of shape about the bottom of the sight obscuring the tar, but it doesn’t matter.
I saw that same criticism about target obstruction but it never made a whole lot of sense to me as that is pretty much the same with an iron/open sight, though perhaps to a somewhat lesser extent. I usually shoot both eyes open unless I'm using a magnified optic on a rifle so I'm not expecting any issues from that.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have seen them and handled a pistol that had them, but did not actually shoot with them. Not sure if I like them or not. I saw a review on their website where they were used as a 45 degree offset rifle sight. That's interesting. I may have to pick one up to play with, they're relatively inexpensive.

I have seen them and handled a pistol that had them, but did not actually shoot with them. Not sure if I like them or not. I saw a review on their website where they were used as a 45 degree offset rifle sight. That's interesting. I may have to pick one up to play with, they're relatively inexpensive.
They are currently 50% off and have just launched a new "micro" version that is 1.8"long, 1" wide, .78" high and weighs .8oz. My order hasn't shipped yet so I'm going to see if I can get it changed to get this new micro version.

I have seen a few reviews where they were preferred on a rifle vs. pistol, as I understand it, the further the sight is from your eye(pistol), the more the reticle is magnified to the point it nearly takes up the entire sight picture behind the lense.

I know for a fact it is going to be an improvement on the terrible plastic M1 carbine style open sights that came on my Little Badger, though that is not exactly a real accomplishment. I just want a functional sight for this backpack rifle that doesn't substantially add to the weight. I'd like to try it out on my Ruger PCC as well and see how I like it there too, that could also be a good fit potentially.

I have used them as a 45* backup sight with good results.

I think these sights are a little bit expensive for what they are at full retail, but on sale or at blemish prices, they are worth it.

Top Bottom