What's new

Seduced by Yet Another Bottleneck in Decline

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I ran a box of Nosler 150gr JHPs through the cannelure tool & will commence to loading up some rounds just as soon as I hear back from Cor-Bon ... I found a rather glaring (Accurate No.7) discrepancy in these two sources:

Western Powders (Accurate) Edition 2.0

Sierra Reloading Manual 5th Edition

Good catch. "Errata" was the fancy word they used to use for "mistake" in reloading books; usually there's a sticker in the front of the book with any mistakes, errors or errata.

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Different reloading sources nearly always have different data. Different guns (or "fixtures") used to develop the data, different projectiles, despite the same weight/design, different lots of powder, ambient conditions and other uncontrolled variables will result in different data. Although the "starting" loads are a bit different, the "max" loads only differ by 0.1 gr., however the max velocity in the Western data is much higher, could be due to a tighter bore in that test gun? Who knows? I wouldn't put too much stock in the differences as long as you start low and work your way up watching for the obvious pressure signs. In any event, Your Mileage Will Vary because you will be using a different gun than the ones the above data was generated with.

Glad you picked that up. Looks effective.

I looked long and hard at a .400 Corbon barrel for nearly a year. It was on a gun show promoter friend's table and looked interesting as something else to hand load for. Was both sorry and glad to see it finally sold.

love the Corbon400 round for self defense. Too damn expensive to go plinking with it, but I trust it with my life. More days than not it’s my truck gun.
047B67EC-D7A6-4A03-8470-BC4BE2332767.jpeg

Top Bottom