What's new

Second Use Of Gem Contour

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Well gents..... I put a fresh Gem PTFE blade in this razor and have been getting nice smooth shaves. If I get any irritation it's because I was blade buffing or didn't have enough lubrication on my neck or face. I'm really starting to like this razor more and more.

I've had one the cave for a round 5 years now. Picked it up when on holiday in a junk store. Always gives really DFS with out any issues.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I’ve had one sitting in my den for a few months, and these reviews are making me want to bump it further on the “to be used” list. Thanks for sharing!!!

Doesn’t it have the same head as the earlier push buttons? I would think the shaves would be similar. I have a featherweight that I did not like at first, but I have come around and now embrace the DFS.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I agree with santamariasteve. The first contour was a push button and that's the one I have. The contour II is a flip top.

Somebody needs to say the Push Button is too aggressive and not recommended for new users. This will drive demand and escalate the price.:a14:

I believe the Contour came in two versions: Push button and flip top. I also believe they shave the same.

The Contour II is a flip top; it's the only GEM/ER razor I've been disappointed with. It's a dog. The Contour I is okay, but the handle and weight differences change the ergonomics that I like so much in the Pushbutton. For me the GEM story concludes in 1958, my birth year, with the PB.

Somebody needs to say the Push Button is too aggressive and not recommended for new users. This will drive demand and escalate the price.:a14:

If you mean the original pre-Contour push button, then yes, let's do that. I have a NOS gold one in the stand-up presentation case with original papers and full blade dispenser. Jack up the price and I can pay for my retirement with it.

I refuse to use it, so I have no idea how it shaves.

If you mean the original pre-Contour push button, then yes, let's do that. I have a NOS gold one in the stand-up presentation case with original papers and full blade dispenser. Jack up the price and I can pay for my retirement with it.

I refuse to use it, so I have no idea how it shaves.

Sorry, I am referring to the 1958 gold and black PB.

Top Bottom