What's new

Second opinion on the Wilkinson Sword blade.

Good morning all.

Just a second thought on the Wilkinson Sword blade. This morning my face still feels BBS smooth, even smoother than if I shaved with a Nacet.

However in my review of the said blade it is very fussy over technique. Having said that on my next shave I am going to use the same blade and equipment and see if I can meet the blade’s technique requirements if you see what I mean. I will be very interested in the results if I can manage this.

Who knows I may even do a blade showdown; Nacet vs Wilkinson Sword.

Jason.

I think with all reviews, using the same blade for 3-4 shaves will give you a good idea whether a blade is good or not. Lots of blades improve with the 2nd shave. Unless of course your face gets bloodied then abort.

@JasonJT Hi :001_smile

I use the Dorco PL602 as a definitive shaver, and I just need to try this blade in this razor to see how it performs.

For the moment, I am in a period of experimentation with this razor which astonishes me day after day. I hope the Wilkinson blades will work great in this razor.

lasta

Blade Biter
YMMV and all that, but I think it's very hard to be objective about gear reviews.

I shave fine with Indian, Chinese, Brazilian, English, and vintage German Wilkinsons. But every time I put a black tuck Wilkinson/German Personna to my face, I get irritation. So I'm psychologically conditioned to not like them...

Mind you, I don't have sensitive skin, I can push through tuggy shaves with vintage carbon steel blades.

Thanks for all of your replies.

The WS blade is indeed excellent if it wasn't so fussy over technique. The Nacet is better as an all-round blade. But having said that, if I could master the strict technique required by the WS blade, I have a feeling it may well outperform the Nacet. Time will tell though.

Jason.

Mind you, I don't have sensitive skin, I can push through tuggy shaves with vintage carbon steel blades.
My skin is very sensitive indeed. When I used those multi-blade razors I used to get a LOT of rash and bumps; especially around the neck area. Since I've started using my safety razor (the 39c Sledgehammer) all of those said problems have dissipated.

To be fair though, the twin blade razors I've tried (disposable and cartridge) do a perfectly acceptable job but I think anything more than 2 blades is just plain superflouous. WHAT is the need for the extra 3rd, 4th or 5th blade when the first or second blade has already removed the hair?! It just doesn't make sense!

Jason.

Top Bottom