What's new

Seattle

Going to Seattle for a couple days next week. The people I work for have us near the venue they are I am staying where I am working with no car so I and others will be on foot. The conference is at
1301 6th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101

and our hotel is near there "within walking distance".

Any good eats around this area?

Have a safe, fun trip. Neat city. Plenty of good restaurants. Perhaps call the hotel where you are staying and ask them.

Going to Seattle for a couple days next week. The people I work for have us near the venue they are I am staying where I am working with no car so I and others will be on foot. The conference is at
1301 6th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101

and our hotel is near there "within walking distance".

Any good eats around this area?

Metropolitan Steakhouse (5th Ave) $$$ (closest)
Ivar's Acres of Clams (waterfront) $$ (within walking distance)

the rest are easily reachable via Taxi or transit.

Henry's Off Broadway (capitol hill/Olive St.) $$$
a little further, but a top favorite: Ivar's Salmon House (near Gasworks Park) $$
Palisades - Pier 90, Magnolia $$$
The very best.. Ray's Boathouse - Shilshole Bay (Ballard) $$$ - about 5 miles away.

A bit touristy but we enjoyed two very nice meals at Elliott's. Ray's Boat House was a nice dinner but i'd rather had a third meal at Elliott's to be honest. Metropolitan Steakhouse was also a great meal and highly recommended. Had a good lunch at the Steelhead Diner and a fun breakfast at Biscuit *****.

Best of luck on your trip and enjoy!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Uber up to Queen Anne for a nice breakfast at Macrina Bakery.... the Brioche French Toast with Brandied Whipped Cream is juxtaposed with Chicken Apple Sausage....or try the Bialy Egg Sandwich.

Seattle is my favorite American city and I hope to get away from Florida this Summer for a week there.
bialy_egg_sandwich_veg_web.jpg

Dragonfish Cafe for happy hour, Sisters European Cafe for breakfast in Post Alley. Lots of good eats to be had around there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Got back last night.
Day one-Super quick lunch at Subway as I hoofed it back to where my class was. Instead of being adventurous I made my way to the Perennial Tea room for some tea and an infuser. That story will be in the Cafe. As I made my march along I took note of where I saw lots of locals eating. Google took me the long route through the Market. There were a ton of city workers at Jack's Fish Spot. Thought I would grab dinner there. Made it back to class. My travel mates also did the same thing and after comparing notes we decided to head for Jacks. We wondered down there pretty slowly assuming they would be open for dinner. Nope. They were cleaning up and a closed sign at 5:15. In fact all of the places we went to were closed. Apparently that sections shuts down early so, we wondered around more watched the sunset and made out way to MOD. Nothing upscale but the Pizza was real good. Loved the ability to create my own pizza. I had garlic rub, ham, bacon, pineapple, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella and parmesan. A tasty shake too.

Day two- Woke up early. A travel mate and I had decided to head to Le Panier (Pricey but so worth it) bakery and one of the produce stands for the best red plums I have ever tasted. For lunch we shot down to Pike again to get to Jacks. I had the fried trout and a Steamer plate. Someone had ordered it, saw it and left. So, I got the steamer plate for a dollar. Still hot. Though with as chilly as it was it did not stay warm long. Even cold the clams and mussels were fantastic. The trout was still warm when we got to class and it was very good. After class my knee was killing me so I decided not to attempt the after class hike to the underground tour. I was planning to ice my knee but ended up back at the market and bought a Salmon to bring home. Not from the folks who throw the fish. I get it from the Pure Food Fish Market. I have always based fresh fish on the clearness of the eyes and their's were crystal clear. One 12 pound King Salmon later I was back at my room, and thinking about dinner. My travel mates knocked on the door and I was off the Space needle. We ate dinner at Dicks. You can't beat the price and the burger was pretty tasty.

All in all it was a fun trip.

Got back last night.
Day one-Super quick lunch at Subway as I hoofed it back to where my class was. Instead of being adventurous I made my way to the Perennial Tea room for some tea and an infuser. That story will be in the Cafe. As I made my march along I took note of where I saw lots of locals eating. Google took me the long route through the Market. There were a ton of city workers at Jack's Fish Spot. Thought I would grab dinner there. Made it back to class. My travel mates also did the same thing and after comparing notes we decided to head for Jacks. We wondered down there pretty slowly assuming they would be open for dinner. Nope. They were cleaning up and a closed sign at 5:15. In fact all of the places we went to were closed. Apparently that sections shuts down early so, we wondered around more watched the sunset and made out way to MOD. Nothing upscale but the Pizza was real good. Loved the ability to create my own pizza. I had garlic rub, ham, bacon, pineapple, onions, mushrooms, mozzarella and parmesan. A tasty shake too.

Day two- Woke up early. A travel mate and I had decided to head to Le Panier (Pricey but so worth it) bakery and one of the produce stands for the best red plums I have ever tasted. For lunch we shot down to Pike again to get to Jacks. I had the fried trout and a Steamer plate. Someone had ordered it, saw it and left. So, I got the steamer plate for a dollar. Still hot. Though with as chilly as it was it did not stay warm long. Even cold the clams and mussels were fantastic. The trout was still warm when we got to class and it was very good. After class my knee was killing me so I decided not to attempt the after class hike to the underground tour. I was planning to ice my knee but ended up back at the market and bought a Salmon to bring home. Not from the folks who throw the fish. I get it from the Pure Food Fish Market. I have always based fresh fish on the clearness of the eyes and their's were crystal clear. One 12 pound King Salmon later I was back at my room, and thinking about dinner. My travel mates knocked on the door and I was off the Space needle. We ate dinner at Dicks. You can't beat the price and the burger was pretty tasty.

All in all it was a fun trip.

Ahh yes... Dick's

Took my now wife by there on one of our first dates many moons ago. As we drove by, I turned to her and asked her "Do you like Dick's?"
It was a hit.

I work a block away from the Dick's in lower Queen Anne. Should have given me a call!

When I was young, whenever I (or a friend) moved, we would all help each other pack up the U-Hauls and move the furniture and boxes into the new home. The rule was that the one moving had to buy bags of Dick's for the movers. It was amazingly easy to find friends willing to help you move...

Top Bottom