What's new

Seattle

I'm coming from the Peninsula, so most anywhere in Seattle is equally inconvenient for me. :001_tongu But Third Place is a cool place, just make sure they don't have any events scheduled against our meetup - it can get pretty crowded when they do.

Third Place Books worked very well for me the last time I went to a Seattle area meetup. It also worked well for me that the Pen club met just beforehand.

The Seattle Pen Club advertises on their web site that they meet "every third Saturday of the month at 11am in the Friends Meeting Room at Third Place Commons in Lake Forest Park". That would mean the following upcoming dates: April 20, May 18.

Is it too soon to just pick a date and set the meetup time at 1 pm following the Pen Club meeting.

I will be sending out the following PM to those who have expressed interest in the Seattle area meet-up in this thread (plus a few others). Of course, I will fill in the blanks.

Hello ________,

As you may know, a Seattle area meet-up is in the works. See the following thread on Badger and Blade: _______________;

I have taken the initiative to propose two possible dates for the meet-up, although both are also a possibility. The dates are Saturday, April 20 and Saturday, May 18. In both cases, the meet-up would be from 1 pm to 3 pm at the Third Place Commons in Lake Forest Park just north of Seattle. This was the same location for the earlier (and only) Seattle area meet-up nearly 2 years ago. In addition, both dates feature a meeting (from 11 am to 1 pm) of the Seattle Pen Club in the same location.

Would you be able to attend the meet-up on one (or both) of the above dates? If so, please post in the thread as well as PM-ing me in reply. I will not consider the meet-up date to be official until at least 4 people commit to the date, although I would prefer more before making it official. So far, we have 3 committed to April 20 and 1 (myself) to May 18.

Jim Perry

I will be keeping a running track of the committed attendees. Two dates were chosen as I feel that everyone interested should be able to attend at least one of them. But I do not anticipate meeting every month. We can discuss regular meet-ups if we want. I would favor such regular meet-ups, but only maybe once every 6 months.

For those coming from out of town, in order to ensure that you actually find us once you get there; the Commons area is at the top of the escalator. Third Place books is to the left, a Commons eating area to the right. I will bring my avatar which is actually a 16" doll and should be very easy to spot. The only potential problem I can think of is that this doll has the property such that only those of good character can see it, but that shouldn't be an issue for B&B members.

Unfortunately the 20th is out, I have to catch and early flight out for work. The 18th will probably work, I have been trying for months to get up for the pen club too!!

So far there are 4 confirmed for the April 20 date:

Cynomys
disgruntledseacucumber
Topgumby
Joe in Seattle

Additionally, there are two others who are uncertain at the moment.

April works best for me, the latter half of May I'm hugely busy with preps for our local Medieval Faire.

There are now 5 confirmed for the April 20 date:

Cynomys
disgruntledseacucumber
Topgumby
Joe in Seattle
Derek L.

And for May 18, we have just two so far:

Cynomys
ksblazer

Having located the list (and email addresses) of those who attended the first Seattle area meet-up nearly two years ago, I will contact those folks and see if any of them are interested in coming back.

I will also be bringing a couple of PIFs to the April meeting. One I will keep secret since topgumby suggested a pass around such as we did last time and that requires that the items be "mystery". But the other is two tubes (one NOS, the other about 5% used) of Palmolive shave cream from 1984. Probably still good or at least nothing visible or olfactorilly obvious to say otherwise.

Sounds great! I've never been to one of these before, do we know about how long it will last? Also, I assume everyone will just bring stuff to show off and talk about? I'm hoping someone will be able to give me a few pointers on making scales and honing...

Again, May 18th works for me, I am on my way to DC at 6 AM Saturday, will think of you guys while reading about straights on the way!!

Top Bottom