What's new

Seasons Change... so do CCW Wardrobes

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
@OkieStubble , although I'm coming around somewhat to your way of thinking, I still have concerns about retention with an Uncle Mikes. Of course I don't expect to be doing gymnastic moves while CCW, nor do I rely on retention to thwart a gun grab, but it still concerns me.

Retention on an IWB? Move your belt up as many holes as you want; and you'll have so much extra retention that you will leave a red imprint of your gun in your love handles. :) Does IWB retention, get any better then that?

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Retention on an IWB? Move your belt up as many holes as you want; and you'll have so much extra retention that you will leave a red imprint of your gun in your love handles. :) Does IWB retention, get any better then that?

Hey, leave my love handles out of it! But seriously, I don't want to have to wear my belt uncomfortably tight (it already is) to gain retention. I guess I'm more concerned by the possibility of the gun kind of squirming it's way up out of the holster as I change positions, squat, bend over, sit, etc. rather than a more "dynamic" retention. I probably just need to bite the bullet and try it. But it seems so wrong!

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I use a Sticky Holster more often than not. In my front pocket it’s not coming out unless I want it to come out. And one hand or both hands in front pockets is a pretty natural position.
The only thing I do tactical is walk directly behind
my family and get between them and others while walking in public and I am always scanning. They no longer question when I say things like stop, cross the street, left side, right side, behind me. If just the wife and I, I use my hand like reins. It’s a fun “game”.

OkieStubble

Hey, leave my love handles out of it! But seriously, I don't want to have to wear my belt uncomfortably tight (it already is) to gain retention. I guess I'm more concerned by the possibility of the gun kind of squirming it's way up out of the holster as I change positions, squat, bend over, sit, etc. rather than a more "dynamic" retention. I probably just need to bite the bullet and try it. But it seems so wrong!

:001_smile Lol'd.

Actually, did you know the soft holster has a thumb retention strap? :) But I always cut the strap off, because it has always had enough retention in my waistband, without having to overly tighten my belt. Been carrying some type of Glock in a Uncle Mike's without the retention strap since 1989. Has never squirmed out once. :)

retentionstrap_393_general.jpg

Seems wrong? Like sitting instead of standing when you pee wrong? Or, what kind of wrong are we talking about here?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Wrong, as in I've been inculcated by my training and perceived need for retention and the ability to re-holster by feel/muscle memory without looking. Not a fan of thumb straps/breaks. I may have to get one of these to play with. I know the # 16 fits the Glock 19, do you know which one fits the SIG 365?

OkieStubble

Wrong, as in I've been inculcated by my training and perceived need for retention and the ability to re-holster by feel/muscle memory without looking.

Is this a fancy way of saying, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks?" :)

Not a fan of thumb straps/breaks.

Me neither. That's why I cut them off.

I may have to get one of these to play with.

You can try it for cheaper then I tried the Fenix E12 for. ;)

I know the # 16 fits the Glock 19, do you know which one fits the SIG 365?

I'm not my putting my beautiful Sig into that cheap holster. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Is this a fancy way of saying, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks?" :)

Me neither. That's why I cut them off.

You can try it for cheaper then I tried the Fenix E12 for. ;)

I'm not my putting my beautiful Sig into that cheap holster. :)
Now you know you’re wrong for that! (Re: SIG) I ordered the UM for my G19, did not see a thumb strap. I was going to mention your taking the risk on the E12, I might as well take the risk on the UM.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I will need a tuckable IWB for the SIG 365 anyways. Probably a Comp Tac C.T.A.C., unless I make my own.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I'll be gradually transitioning from my HK VP9SK to my Sig P365. On days where I can wear a second shirt or a light jacket, it'll be my HK. On hot days where I'm just wearing jeans and a tee shirt, I'll be sporting the Sig.

BDBD3C9F-66E3-4E7F-9AE8-19CD0646C947.jpeg
143C3A2E-9935-4147-A3F6-306219D6267C.jpeg
A4F32376-6FCA-482D-B51B-EFE878C1079E.jpeg

Ironically I do have a couple IWB holsters. Very limited use. The one on the bottom is the work of Satan. I think I gave it away.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
View attachment 964148 View attachment 964149
Not necessarily an IWB guy, but if I were, I’d look up R. Grizzle

I've checked out Ryan's work a few times because of your posts. It looks like he makes beautiful holsters. With that being said, I desire a thin and light, but effective, holster for my concealed carry. So, I just wear kydex.

My next planned handgun purchase is a 1911 in .45. It would be strictly a range gun, so I'll probably get myself a nice leather OWB holster when that happens.

Last edited:
I have been stuck on AIWB with my Shield 9 and Zorn. Its invisible. Of course, I carry with the safety on which is a no no for many. I can use this shorts or jeans.

20180202_074539.jpg

OkieStubble

I've checked out Ryan's work a few times because of your posts. It looks like he makes beautiful holsters. With that being said, I desire a thin and light, but effective, holster for my concealed carry. So, I just wear kydex.

My next planned handgun purchase is a 1911 in .45. It would be strictly a range gun, so I'll probably get myself a nice leather OWB holster when that happens.

1911's, nice quality leather gear and Bar B Q, goes together perfectly. Like a Glock and a gunfight. ;)

That is a very nice Kydex holster Joey.
I enjoy it and can wear it with a t-shirt, no issues. I swapped some of the parts around so it is a little deeper and use a little more angle now. I use a bellman belt and it works great. My shirt can be snug and it is still unseen. I also have an LAS Concealment Rampart. It is very comfortable but does not hide as well.

The Zorn is great for AIWB but hurts my hip at 2:30 to 4:00. If you are in to AIWB I would recommend it.

I have a white hat and something else for a larger weapon but, to be honest, the Zorn is so comfortable the other is just too heavy and i have to wear my belt too tight.

A lot of typing, sorry but it works so well.

Top Bottom