What's new

Searching for the perfect razor. Has anyone actually found theirs?

So far my Mingshi 2000S Adjustable
I liked it so much that I sold my 1990s Ideal and 1980s Wizamet W-11 Adjustables - they were surplus to requirement because they just paled by comparison to the 2000S

I haven't used anything else for more than 4 months, I'm working my way through my blade rotation, when I've tried them all in the 2000S, I'll probably go back to alternating between razors again, but on the other hand.........

I've read good things about the Merkur Futur, and I've wanted one for a few years, but from what I've read, the 2000S is as near as dammit the same as the Futur - works for me !!

My Razorock Wunderbar with an Astra or Feather blade seems to outperform every other razor I have. So much so that I've sent other more expensive razors back because they weren't worth it imho. Razorocks baby smooth is another one that never ceases to amaze me. I liked it so much that I bought the TI version of it. I honestly think that RR is my go to company from now on for my high end razors. That new Mamba looks quite nice. I'm looking forward to those making their debut.

My Razorock Wunderbar with an Astra or Feather blade seems to outperform every other razor I have. So much so that I've sent other more expensive razors back because they weren't worth it imho. Razorocks baby smooth is another one that never ceases to amaze me. I liked it so much that I bought the TI version of it. I honestly think that RR is my go to company from now on for my high end razors. That new Mamba looks quite nice. I'm looking forward to those making their debut.

+1 for the Wunderbar. :thumbup1:

I can't say that I have found the perfect razor for me. I say for me because with this hobby ymmv. I find that if I use one particular razor out of the 25 or so that I have, and then use another one I see what I missed in that other razor. it is possible I may find that perfect razor one day. After all I've only been shaving for about a year and a quarter. It is possible that I have yet shave with my perfect razor. That said, I tend to reach for the various vintage Old Types that I have. Mostly it is the thin cap Single Ring and a thick cap Old Type head on a Ikon Bulldog handle.

I believe my perfect razor would be one that I could get a bbs shave in 3 passes. My face I can get a BBS shave with all my razors in 2 passes, with the grain and against the grain. My jawline and neck takes 3 passes and a touch up blade buffing.

I believe my perfect razor would be one that I could get a bbs shave in 3 passes. My face I can get a BBS shave with all my razors in 2 passes, with the grain and against the grain. My jawline and neck takes 3 passes and a touch up blade buffing.
Same here. I'd love to cut it down to 2 passes, but the results aren't quite as good. Is the answer Timeless? Wolfman? Rockwell? ATT? Wunderbar? Ikon? I'm not about to pay for all of those to find out.

I believe I've found the perfect razor several times. That doesn't stop me from looking for the next one!

I can shave as good with the MicroTouch as with my Muhle, but the feel while shaving is part of the ritual .... a cab gets you from A to B but it feels nicer in a limo.
Yeah, Rockwell 6S is next on list when we have stock in Australia. Stainless steel so will last a lifetime and they can fight over it when they contest my will.
Guess for manufacturers it's what can they make to get people to upgrade, like bike manufactuers, looking forward to seeing more stainless razors, or other exclusive materials.

Timor OCs are my favorite. All German-made with SS handles. They get little to no attention here, but they are definitely worth a look.

Top Bottom