What's new

Searching for the perfect razor. Has anyone actually found theirs?

Took me a long time but I finally settled on my Wolfman!

If they shave half as good as they look (or their pricing would suggest) then I'm not surprised you're happy with these. Never heard of them, but took a quick look at their website after reading your post, just stunning looking razors.

I use my Merkur Progress almost exclusivley now.

I usually adjust the third pass to make it more comfortable.

If they shave half as good as they look (or their pricing would suggest) then I'm not surprised you're happy with these. Never heard of them, but took a quick look at their website after reading your post, just stunning looking razors.

Try buying one! He's a one man band if I'm not mistaken, the wait is very long, years...

And mine shaves as well as it looks!

The main problem is that it takes awhile to get to the top of the list because the razors are made individually to your specs. Well worth the wait for me!

And mine shaves as well as it looks!

The main problem is that it takes awhile to get to the top of the list because the razors are made individually to your specs. Well worth the wait for me!

Never considered copper razor, but damn, that C110 just looks amazing. :117:

Try buying one! He's a one man band if I'm not mistaken, the wait is very long, years...

Yeah, web site was slightly confusing in terms of "how do I order one?", and "one man band" usually means good product, hopefully he's got it dialed in and is consistent.

Never considered copper razor, but damn, that C110 just looks amazing. :117:

Yeah, web site was slightly confusing in terms of "how do I order one?", and "one man band" usually means good product, hopefully he's got it dialed in and is consistent.

IMO these are better than "good." These razors are as good as it gets! James makes each to your specs using CNC techniques. (And he is an experienced pro!)

I don't know if it's the perfect razor, but I'm perfectly happy with my '46 Aristocrat. The '38 Sheraton is a very close second.

My '46/'47 Aristocrat is my favorite/perfect razor - so far! I've never had a bad shave with it, and if I do have a bad shave with one of my other razors, I know the 'crat is there waiting to boost my mood with a near perfect DFS!

Perfection is something hard to obtain... especially with the large amount of razors on existence. However, at this moment, with some suprise to me, the Ming Shi 2000s is "perfect" to me. But as I try other razors, probably, I'll find other "perfect" razors!

It's perhaps early to say, since I've only been using it for a couple of weeks, but my Fatip Piccolo has surprised me and become my favorite. I bought it as a consolation prize after being disappointed with the Schone, and was immediately impressed by its smoothness and ability to give me a closer shave than any of my other razors. I've stopped looking for now, but I am on the Weber pass-around list, so you never know.

I thought my Fatip was it. I used it exclusively for 5 years and then for some reason, I checked back in on this forum. Now I have a R41 and iKon Tech. The Tech is the preferred but have a Rockwell Model T ordered.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Yup right here and counting:
19601376_10213046043282221_4855285738100073252_n.jpg

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

I think the last I checked he was 16-18 months behind. They very well may be worth the wait. He also runs his own CNC machine shop in Edmonton Alberta. If I still lived there I think I'd be going to see him heh.

If I had to keep only one razor I've used so far, it would be the NEW SC. The more I use it the more I like it. Extremely rigid design, generous blade gap and smooth smooth smooth. With a sharp blade it's bliss. Simple quick and easy two pass shave today with a 7 O'Clock yellow and no cleanups needed! Thats a first.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
IMO these are better than "good." These razors are as good as it gets! James makes each to your specs using CNC techniques. (And he is an experienced pro!)

I'd agree with this. Wolfman razors are the best designs I've yet seen and I dont believe anyone makes a more rigid razor. Certainly no one else I know of gives you the option of setting the blade gap and the blade exposure. A razor tailored to you and how you shave. Just make sure you understand what you really want before placing an order.

I think the last I checked he was 16-18 months behind. They very well may be worth the wait. He also runs his own CNC machine shop in Edmonton Alberta. If I still lived there I think I'd be going to see him heh.

If I had to keep only one razor I've used so far, it would be the NEW SC. The more I use it the more I like it. Extremely rigid design, generous blade gap and smooth smooth smooth. With a sharp blade it's bliss. Simple quick and easy two pass shave today with a 7 O'Clock yellow and no cleanups needed! Thats a first.

In the hands of the initiated, the NEW SC can't be beat!

Many have compared the Wolfman performance to the NEW SC. If you want a SS modern NEW SC, the Wolfman is the way to go!

I'm not going to lie my Merkur 34c beats my wolfmans, timeless and my vintage Gillettes (in performance). It's a razor that every time I take a hiatus from using it and each time I go back to it, it reminds me of how awesome it truly is for new or experienced shavers IMO.

Top Bottom