What's new

Searching for razor handle.

Hallo!!

Decide to change handle on my daily razor EJ89 . Maybe some advice where to search good and beautiful handles from stainless steel?
what I find by my self:
Windrose from Etsy . Very beautiful hand made from England. ( maybe someone have it?
ds cosmetics selling some stainless steel price from 20 eur.
will be appreciate for your advices.

Razorock but they are quite utilitarian
West Coast Shaving
iKon
are all offering SS handles
What style are you looking for?
BTW I doubt that Windrose is an UK producer, they swamp Ebay with stuff that looks overpriced and Chinese to me...
Ok they are from the UK that may account for their pricing.

Last edited:
I used a Maggard handle on my DE89 for a while and was very happy with it. They have a variety of styles; I used the MR11. I am currently using a handle from Signature Shaving on my Yaqi double open comb razor. They, too, have a variety of styles and very reasonable prices. I also have a handle on its way from Italian Barber/RazoRock. As @Multum in parvo mentioned, their handles are quite utilitarian, but I have used several RazoRock razors with those handles and have been very happy with them.

Razorock but they are quite utilitarian
West Coast Shaving
iKon
are all offering SS handles
What style are you looking for?
BTW I doubt that Windrose is an UK producer, they swamp Ebay with stuff that looks overpriced and Chinese to me...
Ok they are from the UK that may account for their pricing.
:)) they from uk only question are they handles are not from China ;)

The two Windrose handles I've used have been at least as nice as some of the better alternatives around that price point, and better than many. They aren't as well machined and finished as handles from the likes of ATT and Timeless, much less UFO, but then they're much cheaper and easier to get hold of.

First, Windrose. The guy is totally serious and a pleasure to do business with. I have two of his handles, both stainless steel, the threads on both are flawless, the F2 and the G2. The finish of the latter is a bit more matte and will not meet the glossy appearance of the chrome-polished DE89 head much, but it's great for what it is, a short but heavy piece with superb grip. The first, the longer F2 is similar shiny as the knurled handles from Edwin Jagger.

Then, I don't know which edition of the EJ DE89 you have, so if you want to switch to a handle for more grip or for more weight and a different balance. If your DE89 has a smooth, polished handle and you wouldn't mind to add a bit of weight, but most of all more grip, then an idea would be to add the Edwin Jagger 3one6. That's a damn sexy piece of a razor, the stainless steel head is a stunner, visually as well as mechanically. It's more aggressive than the DE89, but still not as adventurous for the inexperiencedto shave with as the R41 or a Futur opened. The handle of the 3one6 is also (2-piece) stainless steel.
According to my kitchen scale the handle of the 3one6 with the head of the DE89 sums up to 83 gr. And you could use the handle on both. ;)

P.S.: The weight of the DE89 head is 30 gr, see Double-Edged Safety Razors Ranked by Head Weight

Last edited:
First, Windrose. The guy is totally serious and a pleasure to do business with. I have two of his handles, both stainless steel, the threads on both are flawless, the F2 and the G2. The finish of the latter is a bit more matte and will not meet the glossy appearance of the chrome-polished DE89 head much, but it's great for what it is, a short but heavy piece with superb grip. The first, the longer F2 is similar shiny as the knurled handles from Edwin Jagger.

Then, I don't know which edition of the EJ DE89 you have, so if you want to switch to a handle for more grip or for more weight and a different balance. If your DE89 has a smooth, polished handle and you wouldn't mind to add a bit of weight, but most of all more grip, then an idea would be to add the Edwin Jagger 3one6. That's a damn sexy piece of a razor, the stainless steel head is a stunner, visually as well as mechanically. It's more aggressive than the DE89, but still not as adventurous for the inexperiencedto shave with as the R41 or a Futur opened. The handle of the 3one6 is also (2-piece) stainless steel.
According to my kitchen scale the handle of the 3one6 with the head of the DE89 sums up to 83 gr. And you could use the handle on both. ;)

P.S.: The weight of the DE89 head is 30 gr, see Double-Edged Safety Razors Ranked by Head Weight
Thank you for good info . Thinking will try one of windrose

I'd you're not in a hurry, keep an eye on the BST here. There are a couple of Russian makers that appear once in a while and others, like a nice Charcoal Goods just sold this weekend.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You could place a Wanted To Buy in the BST. I believe that you should be qualified to be able to do this. You just never know. Or you could search through some of the Vendors on the forum. Again you just never know.

find some interesting handles from Russia . Ordered 2 . Will waiting to try. Name is Laton . Maybe some have it ?

Attachments

• 7D6BF29F-6973-44AA-A42D-92EEEF8D26AC.png
    7D6BF29F-6973-44AA-A42D-92EEEF8D26AC.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 4597123E-16A8-46E6-A434-FEB673E36AB8.png
    4597123E-16A8-46E6-A434-FEB673E36AB8.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 9B63EE8D-7AE7-4D7A-A3A2-467FCAB7A899.png
    9B63EE8D-7AE7-4D7A-A3A2-467FCAB7A899.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • D7642C52-D1CE-4A17-9930-F9B67A5F24B1.png
    D7642C52-D1CE-4A17-9930-F9B67A5F24B1.png