What's new

Searching for a Member

I'm looking for a thread started by a member around eight-nine years ago. I have a vague recollection of his name but no search results are turning up as I don't have it exactly. So I'm looking for an alphabetical member listing, like there used to be of old, and cannot find one. Is there no longer a member list or directory? If I'm missing it, please let me know where it is.

A follow-up question. I was able to locate the member's profile that I was searching for. He mostly posted in 2012. In looking for a thread I think he started, I note that in his profile, it says that he has posted 221 times, and yet only 15 posts are actually listed. What's up with that? Erasing the past to make for more room? Suffice it to say that I did not find the post I was looking for.

P.S., the member I was looking for went by the name "Great White Shavealo," and I recall him starting a thread with the title, "My Favorite Straight-Razor Shaving Video," or something like that, and it contained a link to a video featuring a German shaving in his kitchen, which was located in some kind of run down, brutalist apartment dwelling that inspired some cracks related to living in East Germany during the cold war. It was all very routine and informal, with a couple of friends just hanging out nearby, and at one point, he stropped his razor on a piece of leather that must of been something like 6 to 8 inches wide.

Last edited:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I can see all of your posts going back to the very first in 2011 in the Hall Of Fame. Are you selecting the 'view older results' option?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
This one?

Beat me to it.

I can see all of your posts going back to the very first in 2011 in the Hall Of Fame. Are you selecting the 'view older results' option?

I tried to find "view older results" in the Search function, and I couldn't find it. Could you direct me to it? I have just now tried an advanced search, adding the name "Great White Shavealo" into the "Posted By" line, leaving everything else blank, and appear to have come up with all his posts. Yet when I return to his profile and click on his posts, like I did earlier, I again only can access 15 of them.

This one?

Yes, that's the one. Thanks.

Still confused about why there no longer seems to be a member list or directory, and why clicking on the member's profile in this case only yielded 15 posts out of 221, and similarly, why there's no reference to threads started by this member.

From the profile link to list postings, at the bottom of the first page I get a See More button, which then brings up 12 pages of postings, including the YouTube.

34FECC03-DFA0-4356-954E-66DB843F3B2C.png
I found the video by Advanced search including part if the thread title + poster, but the brute force method gets there as well.

From the profile link to list postings, at the bottom of the first page I get a See More button, which then brings up 12 pages of postings, including the YouTube.

View attachment 1250615
I found the video by Advanced search including part if the thread title + poster, but the brute force method gets there as well.

I followed your advice, and it worked just as you said. Thanks. Still losing sleep over the apparently missing member list of old.

Strangely I was literally working today through the exact same issue (member list function deprecated) on my dog forum (different software tho'). I suspect because an easily accessible global listing was being targeted for spambots, harvesting, and other nefarious uses.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Still no explanation from the powers that be...
Still no explanation from the Site Administration as it were.

Believe it or not the powers that be don’t see every thread posted on B&B. The powers that be are not linked directly to Site Feedback either. If you are in need of sleep your best bet is to PM a member of The Powers That Be directly. Otherwise you could be staying up for weeks posting the same message over and over hoping that the Powers That Be see it.

As for the members list - I think it was disabled a long time ago. I’ll try to get some answers for you from the powers that be.

I tried to find "view older results" in the Search function, and I couldn't find it. Could you direct me to it? I have just now tried an advanced search, adding the name "Great White Shavealo" into the "Posted By" line, leaving everything else blank, and appear to have come up with all his posts. Yet when I return to his profile and click on his posts, like I did earlier, I again only can access 15 of them.

Yes, that's the one. Thanks.

Still confused about why there no longer seems to be a member list or directory, and why clicking on the member's profile in this case only yielded 15 posts out of 221, and similarly, why there's no reference to threads started by this member.

Wow ! This is an awesome video. Thanks for reviving it.

It gives that feeling that everything I have been doing in wet shaving so far is a lie. All the boar vs badger vs synthetics, croaps vs triple milled, artisan vs commercial, designer scuttles, cnc milled vs zamak !!

Spending all that moolah on that next best razor with blade rigidity, Titanium, 316L, polished. blades with platinum, chromium plating, Swedish steel on that blade making machine in that factory in St. Petersberg ... all of it :(

Map the hair, go three passes WTG, XTG, ATG and oh those blade tabs better be covered or you'll loose a ear lobe !

frau lies.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom