What's new

Searching for a manly soap!(and matching balm hopefully)

And the Tex-Mex dinner just lasts an hour or so.

With the Floris hard soaps, be sure to get the potassium palmate first version, that’s the new formula and it performs very well. The old sodium formulas were known for ‘vanishing lather’ as are many of the other English hard soaps. I have an old formula puck of Floris Elite shaving soap that’s doing shower duty. BTW, Elite is an excellent classic scent too!
I have two pucks of Floris 89 soap. Both have potassium palmate as the first ingredient. They are great soaps both performance and scent wise. I want to get the aftershave some day soon.

Fine’s Latigo (will likely come out with the soap soon) and splash looks like it wo right up your alley!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Not a chance if they don't have a soap with it, but will consider for future reference!

Can't help you--I only use feminine smelling products.

Not quite sure if sarcastic or honest. Either way, whatever works for you. I also really like feminine smells, just not on me.

Moon Soaps Havana is wonderful and very masculine. They have a soap and matching balm.

Sounds a bit sweet to me, so no go.

Anyways I made my order today. It has been decided. Let me just start by saying that the people at Taconic/SuperSafetyRazors have wonderful customer support. I was about to make my purchase of Urban Woods yesterday, when I saw that there was a promotion "all orders over 35$ will get a free Excalibur cologne". I thought to myself "Neat, let's see what this Excalibur scent it". Oh how happy I was to read the following: Musk, Teakwood, Mahogany. Couldn't get better, just what I was looking for! So I changed from Urban Woods to a medieval Excalibur(or a modern one, who knows :D ). I opted for the 8oz shaving cream with pump, rather the glycerin puck. I was a bit sad thought, because the promo code didn't work. Here's where the people at Taconic are awesome. I wrote to them to ask, why the promo code wasn't working. They said that it had ended, but since I wrote to them, they would give me a free cologne anyway. I also pointed out that the banner was still active on their site and they thanked me for notifying them. All in all very nice experience and I'm happy with my purchase, still annoys me that when I order from the USA, there's pretty hefty shipping(20$) but that's life. I'm sure the products are awesome and that they will be a nice addition to my collection. Now I just have to shave everyday(which I do) with my Proraso so that it depletes by the time the Taconic arrives :D

Many thanks to all that helped me and gave their suggestions. A lot of the other suggestions did not have aftershaves or were alcoholic :/ I'm kind of bummed for Strike Gold The Gipper, sounded awesome.... But in the future if I ever come to wonder about such scent I will revisit this thread. That's what awesome about the internet. And hopefully your suggestions might help some other person who has a similar conundrum! Happy shaves guys!

Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber.

Tried it last week at a friend that bought it. It's a very nice scent but too sweet for me. Also I got an irritation from the soap, some of its components probably, which is strange because Midnight stag does not give me irritation...

Have you considered Sherlock from Chiseled Face? It smells manly to me, and it sounds like you like the performance of Chiseled Face. Sherlock doesn't smell similar to Midnight Stag at all IMO, so no need to worry about redundency.
Sherlock smells like dirt in the best way! I was going to suggest that or Pine Tar.

Have you considered Sherlock from Chiseled Face? It smells manly to me, and it sounds like you like the performance of Chiseled Face. Sherlock doesn't smell similar to Midnight Stag at all IMO, so no need to worry about redundency.
Oh quite sorry for missing your comment. I do indeed like Chiseled Face, even though Cryogen isn't much of a performer :/ the effect though is great :D Midnight Stag though and Ghost town barber very good soaps. I don't know if Sherlock is for me, the whole tobacco stuff isn't for me, too sharp and sour for me.

I sort of reject the masculine-feminine dichotomy in the scent profiles of various shaving soaps. I've tried scores of soaps and creams, all with an open mind, and my favorites probably fall on the girly side of your scent divide.

It's good to remember that many floral scents have been around for decades and were always considered just fine for men: rose, violet, citrus, lily of the valley, and they don't seem to have had any reflection on the masculinity of the wearers in, say, the Victorian era.

I like almond scents OK. I love MdC Rose and have other rose scents in my rotation. Fine Italian Citrus has a very strong orange scent that doesn't cry out any particular gender bias. I also use Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli all the time.

You might want to try Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar, a spicy, midnight in the casbah, rose-based scent that should perhaps appeal to your more manly tastes.

I sort of reject the masculine-feminine dichotomy in the scent profiles of various shaving soaps. I've tried scores of soaps and creams, all with an open mind, and my favorites probably fall on the girly side of your scent divide.

It's good to remember that many floral scents have been around for decades and were always considered just fine for men: rose, violet, citrus, lily of the valley, and they don't seem to have had any reflection on the masculinity of the wearers in, say, the Victorian era.

I like almond scents OK. I love MdC Rose and have other rose scents in my rotation. Fine Italian Citrus has a very strong orange scent that doesn't cry out any particular gender bias. I also use Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli all the time.

You might want to try Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar, a spicy, midnight in the casbah, rose-based scent that should perhaps appeal to your more manly tastes.

Dear mister Vesparian. I think you got the wrong idea. I do not judge people who like floral scents,I also like them, but at the moment I do not wish to have such a soap, someday I might. If someone likes "feminine" smells that does not make him less of a man, I do not look down upon those who like to smell of roses or similar stuff. That is their choice and I am ok with that. It's just at this given time I wanted to add something rugged, which I like. To be honest I hate almonds, the smell, taste and especially when synthesized. Almond liqueur makes me gag just by sniffing it :D if I try anything else by LPL it will be the Vetyver soap. If I have given off the impression that I think people who like "feminine" smells are less of a man, please excuse me. A man is determined by his actions not by how he smells.

Not a chance if they don't have a soap with it, but will consider for future reference!

Not quite sure if sarcastic or honest. Either way, whatever works for you. I also really like feminine smells, just not on me.

Sounds a bit sweet to me, so no go.

Anyways I made my order today. It has been decided. Let me just start by saying that the people at Taconic/SuperSafetyRazors have wonderful customer support. I was about to make my purchase of Urban Woods yesterday, when I saw that there was a promotion "all orders over 35$ will get a free Excalibur cologne". I thought to myself "Neat, let's see what this Excalibur scent it". Oh how happy I was to read the following: Musk, Teakwood, Mahogany. Couldn't get better, just what I was looking for! So I changed from Urban Woods to a medieval Excalibur(or a modern one, who knows :D ). I opted for the 8oz shaving cream with pump, rather the glycerin puck. I was a bit sad thought, because the promo code didn't work. Here's where the people at Taconic are awesome. I wrote to them to ask, why the promo code wasn't working. They said that it had ended, but since I wrote to them, they would give me a free cologne anyway. I also pointed out that the banner was still active on their site and they thanked me for notifying them. All in all very nice experience and I'm happy with my purchase, still annoys me that when I order from the USA, there's pretty hefty shipping(20$) but that's life. I'm sure the products are awesome and that they will be a nice addition to my collection. Now I just have to shave everyday(which I do) with my Proraso so that it depletes by the time the Taconic arrives :D

Many thanks to all that helped me and gave their suggestions. A lot of the other suggestions did not have aftershaves or were alcoholic :/ I'm kind of bummed for Strike Gold The Gipper, sounded awesome.... But in the future if I ever come to wonder about such scent I will revisit this thread. That's what awesome about the internet. And hopefully your suggestions might help some other person who has a similar conundrum! Happy shaves guys!

Taconic is a great vendor to work with. I hope you like the Excalibur. Musk isn't for me but I know lots of people like it. :thumbup1:

Taconic is a great vendor to work with. I hope you like the Excalibur. Musk isn't for me but I know lots of people like it. :thumbup1:

I think I'll love it, I hope it gets quickly here. And thank you again for the suggestion. I will definitely post when I receive them and my thoughts after use!

Phoenix & Beau Spitfire soap, balm, aftershave & solid cologne..

20210206_182143.jpg

I just completed the entire sample pack from Chiseled Face Groomatorium. Ghost Town Barber and Sherlock were fantatstic and make the "manly" list. But it took me a while to get up the nerve to try Pine Tar and finally Midnight Stag. Well, any soap that uses the following ingredients MUST be included in this category. Russian Leather, Motor Oil, Hoppes #9, Birch Tar, Oakmoss, Gasoline, Smoke, Cedar, Cade, Bergamot, Vanilla. Whether you like it or not is a YMMV question. I was shocked at how much I liked the soap and the AS. The only ingredient missing for me is 3-in-One oil.

Oh, BTW, ALL of the CFG soaps make fantastic lather. The quality of the shave is never in question with any of their soaps. Spreading a small amount of soap in the bottom of the scuttle and using a soaked brush worked well for me.

Top Bottom