What's new

Searching for a manly soap!(and matching balm hopefully)

Ok so after a quick scroll I see no mention of any Tom Ford Grey Vetiver or Creed Aventus clones... Both James Bond / Clark Kent worthy scents.

Two terrific ones are made byFine Accoutrements...

Fresh Vetiver = Tom Ford

and

Platinum = Creed

or

Fine Latigo = Knize Ten

Their soap formulation is based on Tabac, so great performance.

Just a quick anecdotal story... I was traveling West coast (Portland) to East coast (DC area) and used the Fine Platinum in the wee hours before catching a 6:00am flight... I also applied a couple of squirts of a matching juice (Insurrection II)... 15 hours later I'm grabbing a bite to eat at a Chipotle... and amid the noise and Mexican food aromas, the cashier asks me what cologne am I wearing... Of course I said Creed Aventus!

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Effin ell.... I thought I shared when the product arrived I shared a review, damn I feel stupid. Well better late than never.
So, first off I want to say my praises to Nancy and the people at Taconic/SuperSafetyRazors! The package arrived in about 20 days. My order included a the Excalibur shaving cream and aftershave splash with a pack of Nacets and as a bonus there was a stick cologne(and I got a pack of Parker blades as a gift). As you can see in the photos the cologne is not present. I wrote to Nancy to tell her that the products arrived, that they are awesome and smell awesome, but that the cologne was not sent and for her not to worry about it. After all I didn't pay for it and wasn't losing money, and when I ordered the promo code wasn't active so in theory, if I didn't write to Taconic and just ordered straight I would have gotten the same stuff, without the stick cologne. She said that she was sorry to hear that, and there was some kind of misunderstanding, I said it was fine and I thought that was the end of it. One hour later I receive an Email that confirms my new order from Taconic/SuperSafetyRazors with tracking. I was so surprised, really didn't expect it and it was an awesome gesture from them. Customer service 11/10.

Now to get to the products themself. One word, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! :D Nah I just love that word, but seriously, awesome! So far I've had around 10 shaves on it. You can really feel the difference in the lather because of the hemp seed oil and all the other natural ingredients. One small squirt can go a loooong way, around 3-4 passes. Super easy to lather.

Scent wise, oh boy did I hit a jackpot, this will definitely be a a re-buy when it runs out. This is the second soap that I will re-buy, the first one being Midnight Stag(also LPL, but that's because of the quality, no idea what scent I'll choose). It's a nice thick and oval smell of musk with some minor sweetness added by the mahogany and teakwood it is not an overpowering smell. I wouldn't say it's a super duper manly scent but I like it a lot. Scent strenght on the soap I would say around 4.5-5/10. Also it's a super clean cream, when cleaning brush/razor/bowl it really comes off easy, not soap scum like Proraso. Slickness wise I was super amazed, I would put it in second place of my five soaps only being preceded by my Le Pere Lucien.

Aftershave with witch hazel, alochol free. It has a much stronger scent profile than the cream, solid 7/10. How long it lasts I would give it 3-5 hours, depending on how active you are and how much you sweat. It has a cooling effect because of the menthol in it, but it's quite mild. Very nourishing and skin rejuvenating!

All in all Taconic/SSR are not very popular I think, but they surely deserve it. You definitely get your money's worth if not more on top of that. Customer service is great and in my face they got a happy customer who will definitely shop from them again! ^_^

Attachments

• 155102242_965989820599905_9200160806385910403_n.jpg
    155102242_965989820599905_9200160806385910403_n.jpg
    413.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 155154374_1602083763325563_769239897837281907_n.jpg
    155154374_1602083763325563_769239897837281907_n.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 8
Barrister and men the full measure of men. But they just might see you as a pipe smoking professor...

Or a pancake smothered in maple syrup... :001_smile

Or a pancake smothered in maple syrup... :001_smile

And for some time it is a persistent scent

Taylor of Old Bond Street
Jermyn Street Collection
FC570372-D8E3-4FB4-99B6-B0675BA878A7.jpeg1DEE9E34-86C4-4857-AF80-76344C66282A.jpeg

A modern fresh fougère fragrance with bergamot lemon lime and lavender supported by a heart of geranium neroli and amber resting on a substantive base of musk patchouli and vanilla. An allergen free fragrance which contains Patchouli oil.​

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Captain's Choice Bay Rum shave soap or cream and matching aftershave.

Top Bottom