What's new

Seaforth Soaps and AS

The antique gods were good to me yesterday. I picked up a nice boxed set of Seaforth soap mug and AS bottle. Soap is gone and just a hint of scent left in the aftershave bottle. Smelled very much like Old Spice. I've search past threads...and I see there is not much out there in terms of history and dating of Seaforth. 1940s-1950s is the best estimate based on advertising images.

I see you can buy a new version of Seaforth soaps...anyone tried these yet?

Seaforth Boxed Set.jpg

Seaforth ad.jpg

The antique gods were good to me yesterday. I picked up a nice boxed set of Seaforth soap mug and AS bottle. Soap is gone and just a hint of scent left in the aftershave bottle. Smelled very much like Old Spice. I've search past threads...and I see there is not much out there in terms of history and dating of Seaforth. 1940s-1950s is the best estimate based on advertising images.

View attachment 1255344
View attachment 1255347
DD.jpg

PAA's Diver Down is based on Seaforth Spiced! I have never smelled the original but I have the soap in both tub and stick as well as the Star Jelly. I enjoy the scent and my wife likes it as well. I believe @Ad Astra has it as well as several other members. The soap and Star Jelly contain an ingredient called nard or spikenard which acts like menthol and gives a cooling sensation. I bought the soap in the CK-6 base which is excellent but I understand the standard CK base is excellent as well.

View attachment 1255344
View attachment 1255347

Excellent! The GODS were smiling!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

View attachment 1255344
View attachment 1255347
Congrats on the Seaforth find, I've never smelled the original stuff!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
View attachment 1255350

PAA's Diver Down is based on Seaforth Spiced! I have never smelled the original but I have the soap in both tub and stick as well as the Star Jelly. I enjoy the scent and my wife likes it as well. I believe @Ad Astra has it as well as several other members. The soap and Star Jelly contain an ingredient called nard or spikenard which acts like menthol and gives a cooling sensation. I bought the soap in the CK-6 base which is excellent but I understand the standard CK base is excellent as well.

Yes, and I really like it, too!

I don't care for menthol, it's harsh. But the spikenard provides a natural cooling that's pretty enjoyable. The scent of DD is amazing, too.

AA

To be honest, I know little about Seaforth! but as I understand it they made one scent called Spiced and another called Heather. There were probably others as well. If I should come across some of the original Seaforth! products and they don't cost a king's ransom I will grab them.

The performance of the new Seaforth soaps is top notch. They'll last a long time, have excellent slickness, and have a great creamy luxury to them. Or they can take lots of water if you want to go well-hydrated with them.

I really enjoy the scent of Spiced.

(Sent from mobile)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I just reviewed the new version of Heather that @MyOldKentuckyHome
gave me in my thread about "just like Grampa used to shave"

The Spicy one he reviewed somewhere.

I think it's a little thirsty? But WOW! it really is nice stuff.

Y'all know I'm cheap, but I would buy it. The War Department even loves the scent!

Thanks to all of you here @ B&B Enablers 'R Us, I have ordered the Spiced and Heather soap w/toner samples from Spearhead Soaps. I am anxious to compare Spiced with Diver Down. I don't think that I have ever smelled a fougeres before so Heather will be a new experience for me.

I received my Spearhead Shave Co Seaforth! Spiced and Heather soap and balm samples today. First I want to say that I am impressed with the speed of shipping. I ordered them on Thursday and received them on Monday. It's been a while since I had that kind of speed from a shaving soap supplier. Considering this is a company run by a husband and wife and two young daughters it is remarkable. Included was a hand written note from Dennis. I like the personal touch. The soap samples looked very small but samples always do to me. Each sample pack of soap and toner included a card with a discount code good for $3 off a purchase which makes the sample free if you like the soap and order it. I let my wife smell the two samples and she said Spiced smelled like Comet cleaner but she said Heather smelled nice. So off I went to shower and shave. I used about 1/3 of the Heather sample and began lathering in my scuttle. This soap lathers really easily. I used a bit too much water to lather in the scuttle so I worked the lather on my face for a couple of minutes and I was simply blown away by the luxurious feel of the lather. I have no other soap to compare it to. This is amazing soap! Seriously get a sample of this stuff. You won't regret it. I already used one of my $3 discounts for the Heather soap and limited run alcohol splash.

Last edited:
I was planning on waiting until I finished one of my other soaps before I purchased another but one shave with the Seaforth! Heather sample changed my mind. It is that good. They sell the Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! soaps on WCS and they get stellar reviews there. Unfortunately they don't carry the samples.

The performance of the new Seaforth soaps is top notch. They'll last a long time, have excellent slickness, and have a great creamy luxury to them. Or they can take lots of water if you want to go well-hydrated with them.

I really enjoy the scent of Spiced.

(Sent from mobile)
I love it! I like the reintroduced Seaforth! Spiced! soap and splash. Smells great. Soap is a quality product, good performer.
I have the spiced soap and AS and they are great smelling.. I still havent used them yet as they havent came up yet among my stuff yet but I will soon and give my opinion on the shave also....

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have a Seaforth talcum? powder inbound, along with two semi used old Brut 33 cologne from the 'Bay. I thought I was low balling and I'd get rejected, but unfortunately? I won, and the War Department now has ammunition to use against me in my continuing battle to keep the peace!

If I survive I'll let you know what it smells like, if anything after all these years!

I have a Seaforth talcum? powder inbound, along with two semi used old Brut 33 cologne from the 'Bay. I thought I was low balling and I'd get rejected, but unfortunately? I won, and the War Department now has ammunition to use against me in my continuing battle to keep the peace!

If I survive I'll let you know what it smells like, if anything after all these years!
You got the original? Nice score!

shavefan

I’m not a fan

You're really pushing your luck there on the homestead!

Top Bottom